Regional Programme Operations Advisor *Re-advertisement*
The Regional Program Operations Advisor will support the regional operations team and country offices with strategic operations initiatives, leading the following processes with a regional lens: Embedding the Project Management Methodology ‘PMM’ procedures and tools across country programs in the region and leading the rollout of the PRIME system; Risk Management, Global Assurance Audits, and supporting countries on sustainability initiatives, fit for purpose structures and applicable operating models. This entails working with country offices in the management and execution of these operation control processes, providing guidance and capacity building and ensuring high-quality final products are produced.
The post holder will produce reports and analysis to support the Regional Operations department in improving risk management, control reviews and structural changes across the region. Furthermore, the Regional Program Operations Advisor; will support the roll out of regional capacity building; training and mentoring initiatives that are coordinated through the regional office in liaison with other functions in the Region. The post-holder will work with country office Directors of Program Operations and other associated staff in identifying and supporting (including direct training/mentoring) capacity building needs that will ensure quality and timely programming in Country Offices.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- At least 5 years demonstrable experience in role with similar responsibly for risk management, process improvement and change management.
- A University Degree in a related field
- Significant experience implementing Audit findings, change management and system improvements.
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively to elicit information from a variety of stakeholders and to adapt this into concise materials in English to support and promote the work of Save the Children.
- Excellent facilitation and team building skills.
- Excellent and proven communicator able to communicate to a wide range of audiences.
- Builds capacity with hands on practical approach and can demonstrate experience of training.
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and to meet deadlines.
- Good understanding of children’s issues, rights, development and humanitarian issues, and the ability to relate Save the Children’s work within this context.
- Ability to work effectively with people from different nationalities, cultures, ethnic and religious groups across the region
- Willingness and the personal circumstances to be able to travel regularly around the region (average of one week a month, sometimes more)
- Competent IT skills and experience of using email and Internet
- Experience of working for or with Save the Children, or a related rights or development organisation
- Understanding of the development issues and/or work experience in East Africa region
- Basic competence in one or more of the major languages in the region
- Experience of operating multimedia equipment including digital cameras, video recording equipment, web cams, and voice recorders.
- Experience of tailoring communication and advocacy messages for a variety of decision-makers and high-level audiences.
Contract duration: 2 years
Save the Children operates in 12 Countries within the East and Southern Africa Region i.e. South Sudan, Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
Role will be based in any Country Office with SCI Presence under National Contract terms
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-haassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
- Job City Nairobi