Position Start Date: 15.03.2022
Duration: 12 months, renewable (local contract)
Location: flexible, in one of Terre des hommes’s offices in the region (Bangladesh, India, Nepal, or Myanmar) with frequent travel in the region.
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid with Headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in around 40 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 4 million children and members of their communities, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
The Regional Quality and Accountability Advisor will support the region and its delegations in the design and implementation of Tdh’s Q & A approach within Asia region. This position will be responsible for promoting Quality and Accountability within projects and programmes in the region through methodological and technical support to operational staff in the region and its delegations. This position will be involved in project cycle management (situation analysis, strategy development, operational programming, monitoring, project steering, evaluation, capitalization), information management process and optimal information exchange, communication as well as participation in the decision-making processes of the key stakeholders (accountability, including Complaints and Feedback Response Mechanism)).
Strategy and Management
- Leads the development and implementation of the Quality & Accountability strategy at the region and delegation levels in line with Tdh’s policies and guidelines, including Tdh Gender and Diversity policy;
- Helps to consolidate and disseminate ‘lessons learned’ and promotes a culture of openness and exchange;
- Ensures that projects are based on solid partnership management and that programmes work to meet the ethical principles of Do No Harm;
- Understands and applies Tdh’s policies on safety, safeguarding and fraud prevention.
- Contribute to the regional Action Research projects coordination (especially CLARISSA project, funded by FCDO) and M&E.
Technical and Methodological Support
- Supports the delegations to develop their Q&A (including M&E and IM) capacities;
- Provides Q&A (including M&E and IM) support to project and programme teams engaged in regional and complex delegation level projects;
- Supports situation analysis, strategy development, monitoring & evaluation, information management, capitalization and accountability.
Learning / Training
- Contribute to identifying Q&A related thematic issues;
- Develop and implement a capacity building strategic plan for programme and project teams, M&E and IM staff;
- Organize ad hoc mentoring and training sessions.
Internal and External Networking
- Contribute to exchange good practices between delegations;
- Foster and participate in Q&A related exchanges with the Headquarters; contributes to the development of Tdh Q&A approaches and resources (eg on partnership)
- Follow up on the latest developments related to Q&A issues and contribute to adequate information dissemination;
- Participate in Q&A networks at regional levels.
- Commit to respect and ensure the implementation of Tdh Code of Conduct, Tdh Risk Management Policies including Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy, fraud prevention and Gender & Diversity and any other Tdh’s or Donors policies.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences or relevant field
- Excellent oral and written English (C2) is mandatory
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in international Quality & Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluating; The experience in research is an advantage.
- Expertise in gender and diversity sensitive project cycle management, in-depth knowledge of its concepts, processes and tools, and in facilitating participatory processes
- Expertise in the design, planning and implementation of quality and accountability processes
- Knowledge and experience working in the field of children’s rights (protection, health) in the development / humanitarian context in Asia
- Ability to grasp and question a problem, hypotheses and a research system, in collaboration with a team of external researchers
- Sensitivity and knowledge of ethical issues related to project management, gender, equity, do-no harm
- Ability to establish an environment of cooperation and collaboration
- Conceptual and strategic analysis
- Self-controlled, with skills to support and counsel others
- Flexibility, availability and adaptability
- Results-oriented and problem-solving skills
Salary will depend on the local salary grid of one of our delegations (Bangladesh, India, Nepal, or Myanmar)
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
How to apply
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JYYbMNfs?idpartenaire=20007
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.