Position: Regional Roving Finance Manager
The Central and West Africa Regional Office (CWARO) located in Dakar, Senegal, supports and provides oversight to NRC’s country programs in Burkina Faso, Cameroon, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Mali, Niger, and Nigeria. NRC’s programs and advocacy support families affected by conflict in the sectors of Shelter, Food Security and Livelihoods, Education, Water and Sanitation, Camp Management, Protection, and Legal Assistance.
Role and responsibilities
The Regional Roving Finance Manager is responsible to strengthen the capacities of the country of deployment’s financial setup according to NRC standards and to support financial aspects of program/project implementations. The employee is personally responsible to ensure access to documents including NRC handbooks, guidelines, and other information relevant to the position and available on the intranet.
The following is a brief description of the role.
Specific roles and responsibilities will be clarified and documented in respective Deployment Terms of Reference (ToR) for each roving mission. This ToR will be agreed upon in advance of deployment by the Head of Finance and the Country Director concerned. During deployment, the Regional Roving Finance Manager reports to the Country Director or Head of Programmes who assumes responsibility for safety and security, as well as full managerial responsibility for the delivery of the results laid out in the ToR (Terms of Reference).
Responsibilities for Deployments as Acting Finance Manager
- Ensure that country set-ups adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines, and procedures
- Provide input on operational support in proposal development and project implementation
- Facilitate the Master Budget and BPO (Budget Programme Overview) development
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows
- Management of the financial team
- Train line managers and staff with financial responsibilities and tools
- Support budget holders on the budgeting process and prepare donors’ financial reports in due time
- Provide regular analysis and reports
- Conduct routine field visits to monitor compliance in internal control and financial systems
- Implement and follow up on audits and evaluation findings
- Implement the anti-corruption policy
- Contribute to promoting the rights of IDPs (Internally Displaced Persons)/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Any other task included in Deployment ToRs
Responsibilities for Deployments when the Finance Manager is present
- Deliver training, including coaching of finance staff on NRC’s finance policy, systems, tools
- Deliver training on anti-corruption guidelines
- Act as in-country mentor and trainer to Finance Managers
- Provide technical support and advice on NRC Financial Handbook, guidelines, and tools
- Provide coherent and coordinated feedback to Regional Office management in regard to the needs and challenges of finance units within the region
- Facilitate and promote the sharing of best practices and positive deviant behaviors identified in successful country operations
- Provide support to Finance Manager and Country Director when a country program requires additional external support i.e. during start-up, emergency response phases of operation, and closing down of a country office
- Train and accompany regional and country teams on the Fair Share Model system and tools
- Perform and follow up on any other duties assigned by the line manager
What You Will Bring –
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a senior Financial Manager
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Fluency in French and English
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Initiating action and change
- Communicating with impact and respect
For more details find Job description_Regional Roving Finance Manager.pdf
What We Offer –
- Grade 9 on the NRC scale
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- 24-month contract.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture which empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
Kindly send any questions that you may have in relation to the application process to: email@example.com. Applications sent via email will not be accepted. Please check your application status on your NRC application profile
How to apply