SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria (SOS CV Nigeria) is one of 136 Member Associations working under the umbrella of SOS Children’s Villages International, an international non-governmental social development organization. We have been active in Nigeria since 1973, with footprints across the country in: Isolo (Lagos State), Owu-Ijebu (Ogun State), Jos (Plateau State) Ibadan (Oyo State), Kaduna (Kaduna State) and Gwagwalada, (Federal Capital Territory).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Safety & Security Coordinator
Locations: Edo and Borno
Slots: 2 Openings
- The Regional Safety & Security Coordinator assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for SOS Children’s Villages employees, Children /Youths, visitors, and assets as well as maintaining regular communication with staff during field movement.
- The Regional Safety & Security Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that appropriate systems and procedures are in place to maximize safety and security and that they are adhered to at all times.
- He/She is responsible for supporting the locations in the Region to ensure that safety, security is mainstreamed into all field operations across his/her Region, and that high-quality information is available for decision-making.
- Work with the Safety and Security Advisor to develop, consolidate, implement, and regularly review operating procedures and security plans across the Region.
- Assist the Safety and Security Advisor to provide training(s) that may include Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Contingency Plans (CPs), Security Management, Incident Reporting, Prevention and Response Mechanisms, Health and Safety, Communications (including satellite phones), and risk/threat analysis
- Initiate, review, and collate security incident reports for each field site in the region.
- Implement, maintain, and regularly update the regional SOS Children’s Villages staff and visitors list, Security Communications Tree and SOPs as needed
- In collaboration with the Travel Team, monitor movement and provide security guidance to regional staff on the current situation in operational areas.
- Daily track and record all regional SOS Children’s Villages field movement within the Northern Region, maintain strong communication to report and record observations, information, and occurrences during staff movement
- Regularly conduct regional field visits to assess field site compliance with safety and security procedure during field activities
- Submit regular contextual updates (weekly/monthly situational reports) to the Safety and Security Advisor.
- Work closely with regional SOS Children’s Villages field teams to ensure all incidents and accidents are follow up with an official written Incident Report, which is then shared with relevant stakeholders and filed appropriately
Qualifications, Experience And Skills
- HND / B.Sc Degree in Criminal Justice, Peace and Security Studies, Political Science, or a related-field in Social Science
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the field of community engagement, risk management, safety and security management or other related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years working in security management with INGOs or other organizations.
- Completed formal security management training.
- Knowledge of the geography and culture of local regions of assignment.
- Ability to plan and organize work and write clear and concise reports and communicate effectively (both written and verbal).
- Proven ability to read maps.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online