Regional Talent Engagement Manager
About the Job:
The Regional Talent Engagement Manager role is highly visible to a large cross section of key and senior stakeholders, many of which will be in critical leadership roles that have a significant impact on the organization’s ability to achieve key business outcomes and the overall Performance Ambition.
The Talent Engagement Manager will be an expert in the resourcing, hiring, talent planning process, employee engagement and will be a coach and mentor to these key stakeholders.
- Manage talent planning process in partnership with key stakeholders
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment process for all roles across East Africa
- Provide market intelligence on recruitment practices, compensation and benefits trends and general recruitment related intelligence
- Share monthly updates on recruitment status, analytics and projections
- Net Promoter Score –
- Support and maintain/improve the diversity progressive agenda with regards to equity and inclusion
- Manage onboarding experience for new hires, in partnership with relevant stakeholders
- Dotted-line management of Shared Service employees regarding talent engagement admin
- Partner with functional leads/P&C Director to draft annual Resourcing Plan
- Partner with functional leads to determine critical, senior, and hard-to-fill (HTF) roles for pipelining purposes.
- Engage external top talent as successors for identified critical, senior, and HTF roles
- Implement best-practice entry-level programs for external talent – internships, attachments and graduate program’s
- Champion the Employer Brand (EVP) agenda across East Africa. Initiate and execute EVP projects through social media platforms
- Manage the recruitment budget on an annual basis. This includes agency fees, EVP activities, background check costs, and all other relevant talent engagement expenses
- Raise and manage purchase orders within the talent engagement remit
- Adhere to all compliance requirements within the talent engagement and broader HR space. This includes but not limited to: Role time-to-fill (TTF), necessary background checks completed per candidate, and adherence to all external communication requirements
- Participate in the Inclusion and Diversity, with management of the talent representation pillar as specified locally
- Draft and present offers to successful internal and external candidates
- Draft and annual updates of policies that are relevant to talent engagement and/or the broader HR function
- External agency relationship management and budget adherence
- Reviewing external providers’ SLAs on an annual basis
- Coaching, training, and supporting line managers in the application of talent engagement tools/updates
- Safeguarding. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility at VE, and it begins with me.
Qualifications and Experience
- University/tertiary degree Experience 4-7 years’ experience in recruitment, talent management, or talent acquisition
- A higher diploma in Human Resources Management is an added advantage
- Track record of EVP activities implemented, and social media presence
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated ability to fill vacancies timeously, cross-functional stakeholder management, and compliance.
- Member of IHRM
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organize substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Networking, conflict-resolution, ability to work under pressure, stakeholder management, creativity, efficiency, effective communication, and agility.
- Barriers to Success in Role Inability to work with cross-functional stakeholders, Inability to adhere to all compliance requirements, Inability to work under pressure, Inability to adapt to constant change,
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the set criteria are invited to send their Cover Letter and CV (Maximum 3 pages) including 3 referees, salary history and expectation to: email@example.com addressed to: The Human Resource Coordinator Subject Line:
‘Regional Talent Engagement Manager’ or ‘IT Associate’
Applications will be accepted until Thursday, 11th August, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Village Enterprise is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Village Enterprise will provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Village will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Village Enterprise does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or any other characteristic protected by the law. Village will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result
in undue hardship to daily operations. Village Enterprise recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation and expects all employees to share in the same commitment.