Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation, founded in 1971 that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF operations are managed out of 5 sections (OCs), based in Paris, Barcelona, Brussels, Amsterdam and Geneva.
Regional Technical Referent (RTR) IT – based in Nairobi M/W
You are the IT referent for your geographical area of intervention[MF1] . Your expertise allows you to support the operational objectives of the missions for which you are responsible, in accordance with the policies and procedures of the MSF France IT Department.
- Thanks to your knowledge of the programs and challenges of each mission, you support the local teams, IT technicians (IT Officers) and logistics in particular, offering a high level of support.
- You strengthen the link between headquarters and the field, facilitate better communication, ensure that the missions have access to the resources they need, and forward the necessary information to the IT Department.
Objectives of the position
- Organize regular evaluation visits to the countries of their region and write visit reports.
- Carry out and formalize follow-up meetings with IT Officers and Logistics Coordinators.
- Ensure that local stakeholders (suppliers, service providers) in their geographical area can respond effectively to the needs of each mission.
- Coordinate actions with the Head of Operational IT, system and network administrators, and support technicians in HQ.
- Contribute to the definition and improvement of IT policies by providing feedback based on experience.
- Contribute to scoping and the implementation of hardware and software developments, as well as the implementation of procedures, policies, and projects defined by the IT Department.
- Ensure the continuous improvement of the infrastructure (system and network) and of the local IT organization, by responding to the operational needs of the missions.
- Advise Logistics Managers on their high-level IT decisions in collaboration with the local IT Officer(s).
- Advise IT Officers on level 2 technical issues.
- Contribute to the definition and creation of technical documentation.
- If needed, support emergency operations in their geographical area.
- Recruit IT Officers and aid them in their technical development.
- Conduct training sessions and briefings for IT Officers and Logistics Teams in charge of local IT support.
- Ensure the access of the local team to all available resources (documentation, e-learning platform, etc.) allowing them to understand the operation of the IT infrastructure and to become familiar with the available tools.
- Ensure that the IT components are properly considered in the budget developed by the Logistics Coordinator.
Experience [MF2] in an international NGO is required
MSF experience is a plus
Significant professional experience (at least 5 years) in the field of IT (systems & networking)
Experience in monitoring and setting up projects at the international level
Higher education in the field of IT
Languages: English is mandatory and French B1 is a plus.
Windows 10 – Office 365 / SharePoint – MS Endpoint Manager – MS Azure AD.
Network WAN (VSAT, 3G-4G, xDSL, WiMAX, Fiber) / LAN – VPN – Routing – QoS – NAS.
Knowledge of monitoring tools such as Zabbix / Centreon.
Incident management (L2), reporting, troubleshooting.
Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation.
Knowledge of Fortinet, Ubiquiti, and Synology hardware is a plus.
Adaptability, Proactive, Sense of responsibility ; Communication, Teamwork ; Functional management, Pedagogy, Ability to provide training.
Fixed-term contract – 12 months (renewable). Based in Nairobi with frequent trips to missions and headquarters.
Annual gross salary of KES 2,974,271 (divided in 12 monthly payments) plus Secondary benefits based on MSF Eastern Africa office Reward Policy. [VA3]
Covered by MSF during Field visits[VA4] :** transport, accommodation, food and others + daily per diem for daily expenses. Insurance. Complete medical care: mutual / vaccines / field / evacuation / return.
Starting date : As soon as possible.
[MF1]Both ? Can we be more specific ?
[MF2]Do we want to specify field experience ?
[VA3]For those outside KE we offer relocation allowance, one off payment.
Additional local benefits for house/Work life balance support is provided depending on family/dependant status. Can be clarified before finalization of the recruitment process.
[VA4]This is not applicable during the time in Nairobi
How to apply
Kindly send your application (motivation letter & resume)
until the April 6th, 2022 online : https://www.msf.fr/en/get-involved/work-with-us/all-employment-opportunities/regional-technical-referent-rtr-it-based-in-nairobi-mw
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.