Organization: NairoBits Trust
NairoBits is looking for a consultant to facilitate the review of the organizational Human Resource manual, policies and procedures to be in line with Kenya’s laws.
Duration:1 ½ Months (20th September – 31st October 2021)
Reporting To: NairoBits Finance and Operations Manager
Application deadline:10th September 2021
Contact/Address: Applications to be sent to email@example.com
2.0 Organizational Introduction
NairoBits Trust is a Kenyan non-profit that uses ICT to empower disadvantaged youth from the informal settlements of Nairobi. We offer programs that unlock careers in tech through digital skills training and professional integration with the labor market. Since its inception, the organization has impacted the lives of over 9,000 youth in Kenya and continues to make tech accessible as a life changing and solution building tool for vulnerable youth.
Our programming is based on a two pronged strategic approach i.e. Enhancing the capacity of underserved youth to increase their readiness for them to make gainful advantage of the digital age and Promoting the creation of opportunities and utilization of available ones in the ICT sub-sector.
3.0 Human Resource Manual Review
In line with the Strategic Plan 2021-2025, NairoBits is seeking to undertake a HR audit to ensure NairoBits HR policies, practices, procedures and strategies adhere to good practice and specifically to address the following issues:
- Compliance with the employment and labour law legislation and any other statutory regulations.
- Address gaps between theory and practice that need to be aligned with good HR practice as well as national and international HR trends.
- To ensure consistency with the NairoBits objectives, strategies and policies.
- Appropriateness in the light of the organizational resources.
NairoBits is therefore seeking services of an experienced and highly proficient Human Resource expert/consultant in conducting the HR Audit and HR policy review.
4.0 Objectives & Scope of the Assignment
The specific objectives of this assignment are:
- To review all HR policies, procedures, documentation and systems and assess the gaps and propose minimum requirements as per the current employment law and other relevant statutory laws and regulations such as the constitution, employment and labour laws, etc.
- To Audit all HR procedures and identify gaps between theory and practice and ensure all HR policies and procedures are in place and propose the good/ best HR practice
- To determine how well the HR processes and procedures align with the organizational strategy and recommend remedial action if any misalignment is identified.
- To identify areas of strength, improvement or enhancement and provide recommendations and suggestions for the remedy of any problems/ gaps identified.
The areas to be reviewed will include (but not be limited to):
- Human resource planning; Recruitment and Selection; Staff onboarding; Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS); Training and development; Skills and competency mapping; Compensation and Benefits system; Career management and succession planning; Employee relations; Performance management and evaluation; Termination /Separation; HR key performance indicators / Performance Management specific to HR department; Health and safety; Leave Management; Communications; Recordkeeping and documentation
The following deliverables will be expected from the consultant;
- Job evaluation report
- Job classification
- Revised job descriptions and specifications
- A job profile manual
- A revised/ new grading and salary structure and proposed implementation plan including cost of living adjustment guidelines, progression and development in role
- Review of organizational structure including job titles if applicable
- An updated HR Manual including all HR policies and procedures in line with the audit findings and recommendations.
- Updated documentation such as employment contracts and any other related HR documentation /tools/ forms
- Presentation of the consolidated report to the management and clarification of the report. The final report is to be submitted to NairoBits management after incorporating all comments received.
- A clear communication plan of the new or revised policies and procedures to staff
This consultancy is expected to span approximately 25 days, which should be spread over a longer period of time to allow for review and feedback. Ideally the consultant will start on 20th September, 2021 and submit the final revised and updated finance manual by 31st October, 2021.
7.0 Expected profile of the consultant
The Consultant should have the following qualifications:
- Academic Qualifications: Advanced university degree in Social Sciences with additional specialization in Human Resources Management or other related discipline is required. A first level university degree in combination with two extra years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Experience: At least ten (10) years’ experience working with international organizations in providing technical assistance in Human Resources Management
- Experience in working in the field of human resource management within East Africa is desirable.
- Member of Institute of Human resource Management
8.0 Response & Submission specifications
The call for proposals should include:
- Technical Proposal of assignment delivery including a detailed Work Plan/ time frame for the deliverables.
- Financial proposal for assignment delivery
- Consultant’s CV highlighting experience and skills related to this consultancy
- Consultant’s portfolio: evidence of past work relevant to this consultancy
- Three references of recent, similar assignments. **
How to apply
**Interested consultants are invited to send their Expression of Interest as soon as possible though not later than by September 10th, 2021 COB.
Please send your Expression of Interest by e-mail to: – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line to read: “HR Audit and Manual Review”
For more information about this consultancy, you can contact us through email@example.com
NairoBits Trust reserves the right to request for additional documentation from the shortlisted candidates/ firms for final decision making.**