Position: Research and Learning Coordinator
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor, and in collaboration with Localization Labs Project Manager
Working With: NEAR Secretariat, NEAR Members and Partners
Duty Station: Remote
Duration: 12 months (with possibility of renewal)
Starting Date: As soon as possible
NEAR (Network for Empowered Aid Response) is a movement of local organizations with a bold ambition – to reshape the top-down humanitarian and development system to one that is locally driven and owned, and is built around equitable, dignified and accountable partnerships. NEAR is a membership based organization with members coming from four regions: Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East.
NEAR is currently hosted by Adeso, an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization. Adeso and NEAR both aspire to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: Influencing policy change and enacting systemic change through innovative solutions led by local and national actors.
The purpose of the Research and Learning Coordinator is to ensure the effective capture, documentation, and dissemination of knowledge on localisation solutions developed within the Localisation Labs project, as well as to support diverse and emergency Global South civil society leadership development through learning.
Their responsibilities would include facilitating learning between and beyond project stakeholders, providing training and support on knowledge management and production, organizing peer-to-peer exchanges and webinars, and developing an online space for collating and sharing solutions and ideas.
The Research and Learning Coordinator will play a crucial role in ensuring that the project’s solutions and learnings are effectively communicated and utilized.
This role is funded under a three-year project that supports civil society mobilisation and advocacy on localisation in 13 contexts across the Global South.
- Designing and delivering training programs on knowledge management production and promotion, including good practices in capturing, distributing, and using knowledge, specifically for civil society organizations.
- Organizing peer-to-peer exchanges/webinars at a minimum three times a year, where local leaders share and test their solutions in other contexts, facilitating trans-local learning and testing of good localisation practices in multiple locations.
- Developing an online space for localisation solutions, where solutions and big ideas from the project are collated and made public, ensuring increased visibility of documented localisation solutions that inspire accountability as well as changes in mindsets, policies, and practices.
- Facilitating the documentation of learning on the solutions discovered and tested, nationally and regionally, to support diverse and emergency Global South civil society leadership development through learning.
- Ensuring effective communication between project stakeholders, and promoting the sharing of knowledge and learning across different organizations, sectors, and regions.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the learning activities and providing feedback to the project team to ensure continuous improvement.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant policies, guidelines, and ethical principles related to knowledge management, learning, and dissemination of information.
- Supporting the design and implementation of internal project learning reviews and external project evaluations as required
- Contributing to internal working groups, reporting and other assignments as necessary
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY. This position has no supervisory responsibilities. However, the Research and Learning Coordinator is expected to coordinate efforts with key personnel to achieve the position’s purpose.
OTHER DUTIES. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in designing and implementing learning and knowledge management strategies and learning tools and products, preferably in a humanitarian context.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills to facilitate peer-to-peer exchanges, webinars, and training sessions.
- Strong project management skills to coordinate and manage multiple learning activities and stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience in using digital platforms for knowledge management and online collaboration
- Knowledge and practical experience of project monitoring , evaluation, and learning (MEL) highly desirable
- Experience in working with civil society organizations and communities in the Global South.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze and synthesize data and information to generate insights and learning.
- Must be flexible and willing to participate in meetings/calls outside of regular business hours, work remotely and travel if needed.
- Desirable: Fluency in English and at least one other language commonly used in the project region.
How to apply
All applications should be sent to email@example.com by 10 April 2023 with “Research and Learning Coordinator” on the subject line. The selection committee will review all applications as they arrive.
Each application package should include the following:
- Cover letter with the applicant’s current contact information (limited to one page)
- Three Professional References, with complete contact information
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adeso/NEAR is an equal opportunity employer.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- National Project Officer at European Union Capacity Building Mission in Somalia
- Regional Education Coordinator (REC) – Southern Africa Region at Jesuit Refugee Service
- Head of Programming I, Juba South Sudan at Catholic Relief Services
- Senior Policy Associate at Abdul Jameel Latif Poverty Action Lab
- Chief of Party II, Addis Ababa Ethiopia at Catholic Relief Services