Research Project Manager
The holder of this position will work with the Principal Investigator and the research team to ensure the delivery of research objectives. S/he will provide operational and management support to research consortia, which includes overseeing programme and financial management. S/he will be responsible for coordinating partner and implementer meetings, reporting to the funder and monitoring key performance indicators. The Project Manager will need to have vision and provide strategic direction for the financial and administrative management of Health Systems Research projects.
Planning and execution
- Responsible for the overview and monitoring of the budget and report on expenditure for health systems research grants
- Track and manage timely drafting and submission of all reporting commitments to the funders e.g., ensure annual narrative and financial reporting requirements are met in line with the funder’s requirements and to the highest standard.
- Establish and maintain relevant documentation systems for all project work packages.
- Track and manage health systems research outputs and deliverables
- Working with the health systems research PI, develop strategic and operational plans to track and evaluate health systems research progress
- Develop effective relationships with LVCT Health and partners finance, grants and contracts teams to budget forecast and amend sub-contracts as necessary.
- Have a clear knowledge of partner project aims and objectives and how these are to be measured
- Monitor and manage financial reporting of partners and review the quarterly financial reports to ensure expenditure is on track
- Oversee and coordinate the completion of progress narrative and financial reports as required
- Manage progress against work plans, troubleshooting issues as they arise
- Work proactively with the health systems research team and undertake any other duties of a reasonable nature necessary for the management of the health systems research consortia.
- Implement robust and transparent governance structures for the health systems research projects, ensuring they are aligned with the requirements of the funders.
- Monitor annual work plans to ensure deliverables are delivered on time.
- Strengthen coordination and liaison with internal and external partners.
- Work with the different health systems teams on communications for social media platforms and the website
- Develop and manage effective relationships and communication pathways with the LVCT Health Finance and Research teams
- Promote equality of opportunity and inclusive practice in all aspects of work undertaken.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and nature of the role.
Qualifications, Training & Knowledge
- Post graduate qualifications in Project Management (e.g. MBA in Project Management). Certification in Project Management will be an added advantage. A qualification in a health-related discipline is another advantage.
- Financial management training or equivalent professional experience
- Proven commitment to continuous professional development
- Understanding of the financial and administrative systems
- Knowledge of the health system environment, nationally and internationally, and the associated challenges
- Experience managing research projects
- Experience managing multi-country project grants with multiple required outputs.
- Experience in financial management of projects
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This will be a One (1) year contract as per the LVCT Health scheme of service. The candidate will be on probation for the first three (3) months. Compensation for this position is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency. Remuneration is based on the LVCT Health pay scales.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their letters of application, curriculum vitae along with contacts of three referees, salary history, and expectations to email@example.com . Clearly indicate the position applied for, reference number in the subject line. Applications should reach us NOT later than August 5, 2022
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
LVCT Health is an equal opportunity employer
Please visit our website www.lvcthealth.orgfor more information about the organization
LVCT Health DOES NOT CHARGE any fee whatsoever in any part of the recruitment process (application or interview meeting). LVCT Health does not ask for information on applicants’ bank accounts either.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Afrique de l’Ouest – Coordinateur/trice de Programme Regional at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale
- Sudan – Country Logistic Coordinator at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale
- Mali – Chargé(e) des Programmes at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale
- BIOMED AND COLD CHAIN REFERENT (BASED IN ANY MSF OCBA HUB) at Médecins Sans Frontières
- Assistente – MEAL at Save the Children