360 Health Systems Diagnostics and Correction (360HSDC) is a holistic health-based development organization, focused on addressing disparities, poor health systems and the inequalities in accessing health care services to under-deserved communities by utilizing innovative technology to address health-related challenges in the development sector.
360HSDC is seeking for Research Specialists to support USAID’s Next Generation Global Health Supply Chain Suite of Programs (NextGen). NextGen is the follow-on to the current Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC-PSM) Program. By providing commodities and systems strengthening technical assistance, NextGen seeks to transform supply chains for global health programs and achieve the following;
· Maximize the availability, quality, and affordability of medicines and other health products and achieve better health outcomes for the populations served.
· Advance the capacity, resiliency, and sustainability of locally-managed procurement and supply chains in developing countries.
· Increase value for the US taxpayer and reduce the chances of waste, fraud and diversion even further.
In the Comprehensive Technical Assistance for Health Supply Chain and Pharmaceutical Management (Comprehensive TA) under the NextGen Program, the Research Specialist will implement relevant assessments in USAID-assisted countries, including data quality assessments, and evaluating country-level supply chain and pharmaceutical activities. S/he will support implementation research in USAID-assisted countries on the NextGen Program, studying and evaluating systemic aspects of country pharmaceutical systems, including supply chains and laboratory diagnostic networks, and analyzing the impact of interventions on the overall healthcare system. This is a position for a proposal the organization is working on.
- Collaborate with the Senior Research Specialists to conduct relevant assessments in USAID-assisted countries, including data quality assessments, and evaluating country-level supply chain and pharmaceutical activities.
- Coordinate implementation research in USAID-assisted countries on the NextGen Program, studying and evaluating systemic aspects of country pharmaceutical systems, including supply chains and laboratory diagnostic networks.
- Conduct analysis on the impact of interventions on the overall healthcare system.
- Carry out assessments on the systems, tools, procedures/guidelines and processes for: quantification and forecasting of medicines and other health products, procurement of medicines and other health products, supply planning, inventory management including logistics management information systems, distribution arrangements, and any other supply chain-related risks identified in the Task Order.
- Propose techniques to improve research quality and team productivity.
- Guide key decisions related to statistical analysis, including choices of appropriate inferential-statistical tests, data structure, weighting, and other adjustments to account for survey design.
- Appropriately delegate the provision of quality assurance and quality control on all research-related deliverables (e.g., research protocols, analytical reports, datasets, and presentations)
- Periodic supervision and training of researchers/enumerators.
- Maintain performance database for contract researchers/enumerators.
- Develop professional development plans for research staff to ensure appropriate skill-building and mentoring activities occur.
Education: (Degree in Pharmacy or any other relevant health-related field with specialized training and/or experience relating to supply chain management required)
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of relevant experience; or
- MS/MA/MBA with 6 years of relevant experience; or
- JD/ABD with 5 years of relevant experience; or
- Ph.D. with 4 years of relevant experience; or
- Less than BS/BA with 10 years of relevant experience
Experience and Skills:
- Field experience in Research, Supply chain management, statistics, survey data analysis, data visualization, commodity security, and health care logistics systems development. (See “Education” section for number of years of required experience).
- Expertise with implementation research studying and evaluating systemic aspects of country pharmaceutical systems, including supply chains and laboratory diagnostic networks.
- Experience and expertise with analyzing the impact of interventions on the overall healthcare system
- Experience conducting assessments and evaluations on US Government-funded projects in LMICs.
- Demonstrable experience in developing monitoring and/or evaluation frameworks or methodologies for strategic planning
- Ability and willingness to mentor junior staff and understanding of knowledge transfer to provide training for junior staff members.
- Ability to manage a team of diverse members, both in person and remotely.
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent analytical, critical thinking, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently in a highly demanding environment and capable of handling tasks with varying deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills to express ideas verbally and in writing, document procedures, and professionally represent the organization to internal and external parties.
Proficiency in English and at least one other language spoken in one of the following regions: West Africa, Central Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, South America, and the Caribbean. Specific language requirements will be assessed based on the needs of each specific engagement.
How to apply
These positions will be based in West Africa, Central Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, South America, and the Caribbean.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (with current location/address, clearly stated), Cover letter (addressing previous related work and how you intend to carry out this project), Certificates, daily rates in USD and proof of previous work related to position (e.g. final project reports, reference letters and completion certificates) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Job Title as the subject “Research Specialist”
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.