USAID/LIBERIA ANTI-CORRUPTION ASSESSMENT
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
We believe Social Impact is a great place to work and are passionate in our efforts to ensure that this endures. We are proud of our diversity and actively seek to expand it as a way of improving our employees’ experience, our collective professional breadth and the quality of the work we do. We promote equity and inclusion through our policies and practices and build a culture of belonging for everyone where differences and authenticity are honored and embraced. We work hard to create opportunities for growth and ensure that our staff are fulfilled and engaged. We believe we are better when we collaborate, learn from one another and have fun while working hard.
The purpose of the Anti-Corruption Assessment is to identify and explore the political, economic, social, and cultural factors that influence corruption. The assessment is intended to help USAID understand the underlying reasons why corruption is pervasive, identify incentives and constraints that lie behind the behavior of actors, and identify strategies and windows of opportunities on how anti-graft institutions, civil society organizations, and other coalitions can be strengthened in combating corruption in Liberia.
SI is seeking a Research Specialist to support the USAID/LIBERIA ANTI-CORRUPTION ASSESSMENT. This is a short-term consultancy with an estimated level of effort (LOE) of 45 days, and a period of performance from ~ July-November 2023.
● Perform desk review and identify additional information required for analysis.
● Provide technical expertise and support the Team Lead’s efforts in Political Economy Analysis design, methodology, and data collection instruments.
● Coordinate the evaluation activities with a logistician, including meetings, interviews, group discussions, note taking, and events.
● Schedule and interview key stakeholders and beneficiaries; conduct data collection as needed.
● Provide ongoing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
● Support the preparation and presentation of the key findings and recommendations to USAID.
● Write assigned section of the draft evaluation report in coordination with the team members, taking into consideration feedback from the preliminary findings presentation.
● Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other’s areas of expertise.
● Advanced degree in a discipline related to research, development, public policy, or other relevant field strongly preferred.
● At least 5 years of experience conducting mixed-method assessments, studies, and/or evaluations.
● Preferred background or experience with counter corruption initiatives.
● Experience conducting interviews and focus group discussions and able to analyze the resulting data.
● Social and gender analytical skills preferred.
● Ability to work as a team to meet deadlines and adhere to high quality standards.
● In-depth knowledge of the operating environment in Liberia required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls
How to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Clinical Care Program Lead at 360 Health Systems Diagnostics and Correction
- Grievance Redress Mechanism Manager at 360 Health Systems Diagnostics and Correction
- Data Clerk at International Rescue Committee
- Auxiliary Nurse at International Rescue Committee
- Finance Intern at International Rescue Committee