Forcier is a multi-disciplinary research and monitoring & evaluation firm operating across Africa and the Middle East since 2011. Our core services include program evaluations, opinion polling, third party monitoring, and capacity building for UN Agencies, NGOs, governments and private sector clients operating in post-conflict and challenging environments. Forcier currently has offices in South Sudan, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Mozambique
Forcier seeks an an experienced Angolan Researcher for an anticipated UNICEF evaluation. We are currently looking to recruit a researcher with proven experience in public policy, social policy and policy analysis, public finance and child/human rights to help us with an upcoming opportunity starting in mid 2022. The right candidate will have 5+ years of experience in child-focused policy advocacy in Mozambique and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Apply extensive contextual knowledge about Angola to facilitate research.
- Provide input on tool design, fieldwork planning, and data analysis
- Train field teams on research objectives, data collection tools, and ethical and safety protocols.
- Liaise with government officials and local communities to negotiate access on behalf of field teams.
- Provide quality assurance and quality control of quantitative and qualitative data collection.
- Provide analysis on qualitative and quantitative data related to the Children and adolescents advocacy
- Advanced degree in social sciences, international development or related fields
- 5+ years of relevant experience in development of analytical reports and policy documents related to children and adolescents
- Experience in Child-focused policy advocacy
- Fluency in English and Portuguese Excellent writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of statistics, social service systems, development agenda
- Previous experience with UNICEF is an advantage.
Forcier isn’t the place for everyone. But for those who do find us to be a good fit, they can’t imagine being anywhere else. Our company operates with five immutable laws. If these don’t resonate with you, working with us probably won’t be a good fit for you. If they speak to you, you’ll find a new home with us.
● Be nice or leave. All our staff deserve to be treated professionally and with respect. Discrimination, racism, tribalism, sexism, and neo-colonialist language will not be tolerated. This applies to our clients as well.
● This is a stress-free zone. The places where we work are stressful enough, we don’t need to add extra pressure. Increasing stress increases the likelihood of errors. We all work to minimize stress together.
● We embrace a strong work ethic and a strong rest ethic. We believe that balance is critical to long-term success. We all work together to avoid burnout on our teams and ensure that team members have the opportunity to frequently and regularly take complete time off. We recognize the needs for every team member may be unique depending on their individual circumstances.
● Safety first. We never put staff or partners in harm’s way for any reason, and we do not ask staff to go places or complete work with which they do not feel personally comfortable – for any reason.
● Quality is paramount. We stand behind the integrity of our work. We don’t cut corners and we deliver the absolute best product possible every single time, both internally and externally
- Job City Luanda