The Fundación Educación y Cooperación (Educo) is a global cooperation and Humanitarian Action NGO that acts in favor of children and for the defense of their rights, especially the right to quality education. We work with children and their families for a fairer and more equitable society. We want to build a world where all children fully enjoy their rights and live in dignity.
Our values are: Social Commitment, Equity and Respect.
Educo has been working in Burkina Faso in the North region since 2004. It operates there continuously through humanitarian and development projects following a community approach in defining viable solutions to build resilience and meet the basic needs of the most vulnerable populations. vulnerable. Currently, Educo operates in the Center, North, Center North, Sahel and Boucle du Mouhoun regions. In these regions, it operates in the areas of education, child protection, health, food security, nutrition, strengthening the livelihoods of populations, social cohesion, Humanitarian Action, etc. .
As part of the strengthening of its team, Educo Burkina / Niger is looking for a Security Manager (M / F):
Post Name : 01**
Duty station: Ouagadougou**
Type Contract: Fixed-term employment contract of one (01) year accompanied by a trial period of three (03) months renewable; possibility of renewal depending on budget availability.
Hierarchy: Under the responsibility of the Country Director
Start of service: as soon as possible
Working condition : Attractive remuneration with 80% health insurance coverage for the agent and his family (one legitimate spouse and three children)
A. MISSION **
Placed under the direct supervision of the Country Director, the Security Manager is the focal point for the safety and security of Educo Burkina agents and ensures the implementation and monitoring of Educo’s security policy in Burkina and Niger. This includes the implementation and monitoring of security management tools and documents, the monitoring of the overall context of the Country and the sub-region, the analysis of security and access incidents, the security validation of travel and field deployment operations in conjunction with the Project Coordinators in the field, awareness-raising, training and briefing of Educo teams in terms of safety and security.
B. ESSENTIAL TASKS
- Perform security audits
- Set up and monitor the monitoring system for facilities, staff movements and foreign missionaries
- Set up and update Educo-Burkina’s protection and security plan
- Set up procedures and tools for the safety of people and property and monitor their compliance by staff
- Educate and train staff on safety and hygiene at work
- Coordinate emergency response in the event of an accident or security incident involving Educo personnel
- Ensure relations with the network of NGOs in terms of security and maintain any link that promotes the security of people and property of Educo-Burkina
- Immediately inform Country Management of any security risk
- Ensure permanent contact with the head office security manager and apply the policy defined by Educo head office
- Produce safety reports, documents or minutes of safety meetings or investigations.
C. COMPETENCES ET EXPERIENCES
- Advanced degree in the field of logistics, security management, administration, law, project management and/or international relations
- Have at least five years of successful experience in a similar position with a strong field security component;
- Have been required to operate within the state security apparatus or in peacekeeping missions
- Good knowledge of International Humanitarian Law,
- Very easy to meet new people and are able to build excellent relationships with various internal and external interlocutors
- Very good knowledge of occupational safety and health procedures
- Sense of diplomacy and very good knowledge and skills in managing negotiations
- Excellent communication and training facilitation skills
- Be able to produce an analysis (safety, prospective, etc.)
- Have a high sense of responsibility and discretion
- Have good writing, organizational and communication skills
- Have good prioritization and adaptation skills
- Be dynamic and able to work under pressure and in an international and multicultural environment.
D. PROTECTION OF CHILDREN
As an organization that works with children and adolescents, Educo has a moral obligation and legal responsibility to foster a culture of good treatment and to ensure the safety and protection of all children and adolescents in its care and who are under his responsibility.
The prevention and protection of all types of physical, psychological or sexual violence, intentional or unintentional, are the pillars on which our organization is based. Therefore, everyone attached to our organization must know, respect and sign our Code of Conduct towards children and adolescents.
A. RECRUITMENT PROCEDURE
(1) Preselection on file – (2) Written test – (3) Individual interview
NB: Files that do not correspond to the profile and that are incomplete will not be examined.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test. No fees are paid during our recruitments.
With equal experience and skills, female candidates will be given priority.
In the event of non-satisfaction, Educo reserves the right not to take any action on this recruitment notice.
How to apply
The application file is composed of a cover letter addressed to the Country Director of Educo Burkina-Niger, a dated and signed Curriculum vitae including a list of at least three references corresponding to the last direct supervisors and the required diploma .
The file must be sent by email to email@example.com indicating the reference of the position concerned .
Deadline for submission : Thursday April 07, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.