Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Roving Accountability Officer – PLANE
Ref No: 220008RQ
Team: Safety and Security
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Post Type: National
- Level 3: The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria (PLANE) Windows 3 is an FCDO funded program with a key outcome to promote learning and inclusion of girls in Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa states and policy at federal/national level as appropriate.
- The accountability officer will support all 3 states and be responsible for working with programme staffs and communities to develop and implement structure and methods for: information sharing with communities and beneficiaries; participation of children, adults and vulnerable groups; managing the feedback in the field and maintaining the integrity of information received
- This role will also involve management of FRM database by ensuring proper documentation and aggregation of FRM data including feedback received, investigated and responded to as well as providing detailed summaries of feedback to the program team during monthly and quarterly meetings/reports.
Scope of Role
- Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
- Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Key Areas of Accountability
Objective 1: FRM Development, Support, Logistics and Coordination:
- Conduct Accountability assessment with proposed beneficiaries
- Develop an information sharing plan for the project and ensure the plan is implemented
- Ensure adequate participation of children and adults in project implementation using the 9 basic ethics of meaningful and ethical child participation
- Set up a Beneficiary Feedback and Response Mechanism (FRM) for the FCDO PLANE project based on preferences of the children and communities
- Adapt appropriate tools for capturing the complaints and feedback
- Train the relevant staff/beneficiaries on Accountability
- Ensure a proper filing system for all the complaints and feedback received through the helplines
- Aggregate FRM data from the field to a summary FRM database
- Provide detailed summaries of feedback issues for operational meetings and forums.
- Ensure analysis from feedback data is reviewed and taken into account in decision making
- Identify complaint and other feedback trends which indicate where the Programs can improve.
- Provide ad hoc reports as requested concerning communities’ feedback.
- Receive, investigate and respond to beneficiary feedback under the direction and supervision of Program/field Managers
- Follow up on feedback internal referrals with appropriate offices and sectors and respond to raised pending issues
- Negotiate suitable resolutions to feedback with the affected persons under the direction of the Program/Field Manager
- Develop monthly FRM report.
Objective 2: Routine Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support on-going monitoring and evaluation of projects in reporting routine monitoring data against performance monitoring plans and frameworks
- Work with field teams to collect information on potential case studies and success stories
- Other duties as directed.
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline (Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Development Studies or others)
- Minimum of 3 years post NYSC progressive experience working in a related position.
- Formal training in Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation, Data Management, Data Quality Assurance (DQA) is an asset
- Fluency in English & local languages (Must be able to speak Hausa)
- Ability to work in partnership with government and development partners
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent communication skills including report writing.
Skills & Behaviours (our Values in Practice):
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable.
- Future-orientated thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Designing more effective admin and data management systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Encourages openness and transparency
- Demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Application Closing Date
7th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Logistics Officer at International Medical Corps (IMC)
- Safety and Security Officer at IsraAID
- Senior Communications Specialist at Chemonics
- Graphic Designer at International Rescue Committee
- Communication Manager at International Rescue Committee