The conflict in Ukraine is resulting in a major humanitarian crisis with over 3 million people having fled to neighboring countries, and millions displaced within Ukraine. Plan International is responding to the crisis and working in partnership with civil society organisations in Poland, Romania, and Moldova to meet the key needs of those affected by the crisis as well as host communities.
This position will play a key role in the support to country level activities and will provide technical support and guidance to Plan International teams and partners in Poland, Romania, and Moldova. A priority focus will be on supporting child friendly feedback mechanisms established and to ensure accountability is core to our response. The position will initially be remote but may well be based in one of the 3 countries in the future.
The Ukraine Hub is a service-oriented structure to support initiation of activities, and to help find solutions to problems as and when arise. Creative thinking and identifying work arounds to problems faced will be a critical element of the role.
Dimensions of the Role
The position will develop Plan International’s approach to accountability, risk communication and community engagement across all response locations, in close collaboration with our partners.
The role is the primary point of contact for technical staff in Poland, Moldova, and Romania and will ensure Plan International is following high standards of programme quality. Complaints and feedback mechanisms will be established where absent, and close links with our safeguarding activities will be ensured throughout all work. The post holder will represent Plan International in external for a, ensuring the organisation is seen as a leader in gender focussed programming in humanitarian response.
- Progressively responsible professional experience in AAP work in a range of humanitarian contexts.
- Good knowledge of and experience with key AAP tools and guidelines.
- Knowledge and understanding of key AAP, RCCE and PSEA issues.
- Experience of conducting needs assessments.
- Experience providing technical support and oversight to AAP programs.
- Experience of capacity building on AAP with a variety of audiences.
- Experience in program design and proposal development and ability to secure funding from public and private funding streams
- Excellent negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff in a very sensitive environment.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
Please follow this link for the full role profile; Roving AAP Role Profile