The conflict in Ukraine is resulting in a major humanitarian crisis with over 3 million people having fled to neighboring countries, and millions displaced within Ukraine. Plan International is responding to the crisis and working in partnership with civil society organisations in Poland, Romania, and Moldova to meet the key needs of those affected by the crisis as well as host communities.
This position will play a key role in the support to country level activities and will provide technical support and guidance to Plan International teams and partners in Poland, Romania, and Moldova. The position will initially be remote but may well be based in one of the 3 countries in the future.
The Ukraine Hub is a service-oriented structure to support initiation of activities, and to help find solutions to problems as and when arise. Creative thinking and identifying work arounds to problems faced will be a critical element of the role.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
The position will develop Plan International’s approach to Education in Emergencies across all response locations, in close collaboration with our partners.
The role is the primary point of contact for technical staff in Poland, Moldova, and Romania and will ensure Plan International is following high standards of programme quality. The post holder will represent Plan International in external fora, ensuring the organisation is seen as a leader in gender focussed programming in humanitarian response.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- University Degree or equivalent in education or related fields.
- Significant experience in planning, design and implementation of integrated humanitarian programs.
- Significant experience of working in a range of humanitarian contexts (e.g. refugee, conflict, rapid onset).
- Progressively responsible professional experience in EiE work.
- Good knowledge of and experience in INEE Minimum Standards and with the Education Cluster.
- Knowledge and understanding of key EiE issues.
- Experience of conducting education needs assessments.
- Experience providing technical support and oversight to EiE programs.
- Experience of capacity building on education technical areas with a variety of audiences.
- Experience in program design and proposal development and ability to secure funding from public and private funding streams
- Excellent negotiation and representation skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff in a very sensitive environment.
- Has a significant network with other organisations involved in this field.
- Experience of designing and delivering training.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Strong team management, staff capacity building and motivation skills in teamwork and networking.
- Excellent skills in writing funding submissions and donor reports.
- Language skills in Ukrainian, Polish, Moldovan or Romanian.
For the full job description please follow this link