Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safeguarding Expert
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 12 Months fixed term contract under French legislation
Your Job and Your Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Safeguarding Expert is required to lead the development and implementation of safeguarding policy across the AAH Nigeria mission as well as developing a mission-wide strategy in that matter.
More precisely your missions will be:
- Ensure a strategic approach in the crosscutting implementation of the Safeguarding policies.
- Ensure the efficiency of the alert mechanisms and alert management of SEA allegations and Respect of code of conduct.
- Ensure the integration of Safeguarding standards in AAH relations with communities, partners and suppliers.
- Ensure the integration of Safeguarding in AAH programming.
- Reporting Responsibilities: Track all activities related to PSEA and ensure that all information on activities are shared with relevant people. Report regularly on the safeguarding policy deployment and disseminate the supportive documents and notes from various activities. Maintain accurate data on reported incidents for general reporting and strengthening initiatives to address SEA.
- Additional Responsibilities: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and be responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task. Maintenance of high technical standards. Conduct all duties in a professional manner following Action Against Hunger Nigeria mission staff regulations, Action Against Hunger mandate and charter including promotion of gender equality.
- You have a Degree or significant experience in one of the following areas : Human Resources, Human Rights, Psychology, GBV, Protection, Sociology, Social Work, Health or other relevant Social Science field. You have specific training in protection against sexual violence and abuse. You are trained and experienced in EAS investigation.
- You have professional field experience in humanitarian and/or development contexts.
- You are able to work with a variety of stakeholders, including inter-NGO coordination mechanisms, global coordination structures (for example IASC), government stakeholders, donors…
- Excellent communication skills.
- You are autonomous and able to work independently in a stressful environment.
- Excellent facilitation/training and capacity building skills.
- You are able to work in a multicultural environment and have leadership skills with the ability to listen, support and communicate effectively.
- This position may include working occasionally during the weekend (in case of critical incident).
- Fluent in English.
Your Conditions of Employment
- Monthly gross salary from 2450 to 2800€ upon experience
- Monthly per diem and living allowance : 754 USD net, field paid
- Monthly country allowance : 450€
- Child allowance : 1500€ per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000€/year)
- 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
- Transportation and accommodation : Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 € at each RnR period
- Training : Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Legal Adviser at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
- Senior Monitoring & Evaluation (M & E) Associate at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
- Finance Assistant at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Monitoring & Evaluation (M & E) Associate at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation – Katsina & Rivers
- COORDO CONSORTIUM NEX’EAU(H/F)-OUAGADOUGOU at Solidarités International