Finpact Development Foundation (FINDEF) is an indigenous non-governmental organization. Our focus is on delivering lasting value through the work we do, making us trusted advisors to all our partners. We are actively involved in the food security, livelihood and education projects, as well as government-led NGO coordination committee platform. Our local presence, capacity, experience, relationships, understanding of local culture and context are all major factors that enable us deliver humanitarian response. We are guided by humanitarian principles and our working philosophy with partners includes commitment to transparency, accountability, shared goals, honesty and trust. We keep a fast paced environment where self-motivated and independent Individuals who are looking to constantly develop themselves thrive well. We pride ourselves in working at hard to reach communities while maintaining keen focus on culture and management structures that support excellent interaction with partners and stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety and Security Officer
- The Safety and Security Officer will concentrate on ensuring that structures and systems for safety and security management are put in place and properly utilized.
- You will be advising the Project Director on security challenges, developing risk assessments and proposing risk reduction measures in addition to developing, maintaining, updating and implementing, when necessary, security protocols and operating procedures according to the changing situation.
- Ensure all staff understand the country-wide security plan and agree to abide by its policies and procedures.
- Monitor the security environment and adjust security policies and procedures accordingly.
- Advise on safe movement for staff e.g., proper vehicle fleet management policies, adequate safety and communication equipment in vehicles and training drivers in established procedures and requisite skills.
- Undertake security assessments of any field missions to programme areas and potential programme areas. Report on findings and design necessary improvements.
- Provide weekly security briefing and safety briefing to new/arriving staff to program locations.
- Keep tracking of field staff to ensure safety and security, and to be proactive in the event of emergency.
- Monitor events, review incidents and coordinate analysis, follow up actions and recommendations. Ensure incident reports are properly compiled and shared in a timely manner by staff.
- Liaise on a regular basis with UN agencies, INGOs, government and local administration and where possible with community leaders in the process of gathering and verifying security information as delegated.
- Liaise with government, Army, Police, SSS, local heads and other key external stakeholders to ensure that staff can maintain regular and safe access to program areas.
- Based on current context make recommendations for updates on field level standard operating procedures and safety risk management plans.
- Ensure that the field level security plans and associated documents are kept up to date and reviewed regularly.
- Prepare hibernation, relocation and evacuation plan for the area of responsibility with the support of Safety and Security Manager.
- Ensuring that all staff are aware of established safety and security strategies and have the means to follow established protocols on a continuous basis.
- Ensuring that contracted guard force maintains a high standard for guarding office and residence, and when required take corrective actions.
- Ensuring that required relationships with local police and other security agencies are maintained to assist (when required) with ensuring the safety of staff, facilities and assets.
- Develop and implement quarterly training plans for all staff with focus on safety awareness and skill sets.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of First Degree in a field related to humanitarian work or risk management.
- Minimum of 4 years of demonstrative experience in INGO/NGO or UN field (operations) with at least 2 years of field safety management experience.
- Competent and literate in English, verbal and written, with a sound knowledge of technical expressions.
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills.
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft suites.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
- Fluency in English, Hausa and Fulfude/Kanuri.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume (not more than 3 pages) and cover letter (not more than one page) detailing why they are qualified for this position, to: firstname.lastname@example.org the job Tittle as the subject of the mail.
- FINDEF does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process.
- FINDEF’s recruitment process is transparent and merit based. Lobbying of any form is not allowed and can lead to disqualification.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various project locations.
- FINDEF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Our organization procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence.
- We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Procurement Supervisor at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – Spain
- EOI – Senior Private Sector Investment Consultant in Healthcare Sector (AHHD) at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- EOI – Recruitment of IT Operations and Analytics Tool (ITOA) Consultant – TCIS at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Senior Network Engineer at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Finance Manager at Future Resilience and Development Foundation (FRAD)