Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC) is a not-for-profit, non-political, non-religious and Women-led organization with the vision of “a society where women and men, girls and boys realize their full potential and participate in every sphere on an equal basis and where the rights of everyone irrespective of sex are recognized and respected” and the mission of “Promoting gender equality, peace and sustainable development and empowering women & girls”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety and Security Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The development of an organisational culture that reflects our dual mandate values, promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation, and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our Members and donors
- Ensure all office and its operational locations complies with all GEPaDC Management Operating Standards and Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure that all required support is provided promptly, at scale and in line with the rules and principles during emergencies.
- Provide support as required to the Field Incident Management Team in case of security-related crisis
Assessment and Analysis:
- Coordinate with the alternate Security Focal Points for the preparation & delivery of high-quality reports, analysis and security by gathering information from a variety of sources.
- The Security Officer will submit written weekly Field security report to the Field Manager.
- The Security Officer will coordinate field office weekly security briefing.
- Ensure that incident reports are properly compiled in a timely manner by staff and shared with the Field Manager.
- Monitor events, review incidents and coordinate analysis, follow up actions and recommendations
- Provide security updates which include situational analysis, actions taken and actions recommended to GEPaDC Field management team
Policies and Procedures:
- Ensure that all staff understand the country-wide security plan and agree to abide by its policies and procedures.
- Monitor the security environment and adjust security policies and procedures accordingly in consultation with the Field Managers.
- Ensure quality and relevance of area security plans.
- Undertake reviews of policies and procedures; identify opportunities to enhance security.
- Advise on safe movement for staff e.g. proper vehicle fleet management policies, adequate safety and communication equipment in vehicles and training drivers in established procedures and requisite skills
- Assist with proposal development to ensure adequate consideration of safety and security need and inclusion of security costs.
- Undertake security assessments of and field missions to programme areas and potential programme areas; report on findings and design necessary improvements.
- Provide safety and security support and advise to Field TAs Programme managers.
Communication and Training:
- Coordinate the gathering and flow of information with other relevant actors; classify security information according to its reliability and accuracy
- Coordinate and manage the proper use of GEPADC communication equipment/systems and alert the Field Manager of any hardware failures
- Develop security briefing material and provide orientation to incoming or newly appointed staff
- Coordinate Safety and Security trainings to GEPADC staff and partners. Trainings will include medical, communications, guard force and driving but will also include other higher-level security trainings.
- Provide timely security briefings for visitors to and from field missions
- Develop and implement security training for all GEPaDC staff, develop and apply evaluation processes to determine whether training competencies are met.
- The successful candidate will have a high degree of common sense and a genuine interest in people.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree, HND or M.Arch qualification with at least 1 year work experience.
Application Closing Date
11th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer (MEAL) at Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)
- Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant at Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)
- Program Manager, Education at Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)
- International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Assistant Director, Strategic Communications and Marketing at Options Consultancy Services Limited