Based in Monrovia, Liberia
Up to 25% travel within Liberia
Reports to Sanitation Markets and Supply Chain Lead
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 4,500 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 35 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using its global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
PSI seeks a Sales and Marketing Manager to join our team for the USAID-funded Countywide Sanitation Activity. The project aims to achieve universal adoption of basic sanitation in five counties of Liberia. The Sales and Marketing Manager will collaborate with the market development and SBC teams to develop strategies and approaches that will influence customers to purchase improved sanitation products. In particular, s/he will promote the adoption of commercial marketing and sales approaches by private sector enterprises. This ambitious project seeks equally ambitious staff who bring creativity, energy, and an entrepreneurial spirit to their work.
- Develop marketing strategies for sanitation products and services to a diverse consumer base, including developing new channels for sales and distribution.
- Design marketing campaigns and materials such as point-of-sale marketing materials and incentives, site sellers, brochures, and radio content.
- Train and coach project staff, enterprises, and sales agents in door-to-door sales.
- Build the capacity of enterprises to plan and execute marketing and sales activities and to manage sales agents.
- Monitor program sales data and lead adaptation of the program’s approach to marketing and sales to strengthen results.
- Insitutionalize sales capacity and supportive supervision within government, community, and private sector entities.
- Contribute to learning activities and documentation.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., marketing, advertising, public health).
- At least 7 years of experience in marketing and sales, preferably in durable goods.
- Experience designing and executing marketing and sales strategies. Private sector sales and marketing experience desirable.
- Demonstrated experience building the capacity of others in marketing or sales through training, supervision, coaching, or mentorship.
- Experience in sales management.
- Experience coaching and training large sales force and developing people.
- Creative, nimble, and adaptive thinker and implementer with experience using data for decision making.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Citizen of Liberia.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
- Job City Monrovia
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Monitoring and Evaluation Manager at Population Services International (PSI)
- Secretary/Receptionist at Population Services International (PSI)
- Procurement Manager at Population Services International (PSI)
- Associate Database Developer at UCSF Global Programs for Research & Training
- Project Manager Burkina Faso at WeWorld-GVC