Title: Salesforce Administrator
Department: Product and Technology
Location: Remote, GMT time zone (or +/- 3 hours and willing to do time shifting)
Language Requirement: English fluency
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our goal is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro’s founder and CEO here.
About the Role
The Salesforce Administrator is a member of the global Engineering team. You will develop essential components of myAgro’s digital layaway platform, which will have a global reach. The main responsibility of this role will be to improve our Salesforce platform, gather requirements and feedback and design scalable best practice solutions. You will also support field operations and programs directly – this includes ensuring customer support, maintenance, fixing bugs, testing applications, training of programs staff on product, and designing solutions with customer satisfaction a priority. You will work with a technology team based around the world and you will report to the Software Engineering Manager.
We are looking for someone with good knowledge of the Salesforce platform, who can understand both our current setup and our business objectives, to quickly identify areas for improvement. The ideal candidate will be happy liaising with stakeholders at all levels, with the ability to translate technical information into layman’s terms and to explain design options and their potential impact.
Key responsibilities are:
- Data management: Perform data uploads and changes, improve Salesforce data quality, and implement rules and automation.
- User management: All aspects of user and license management including new user setup/deactivation, roles, profiles, and permissions.
- Support: Collaboratively troubleshoot, fix bugs and be responsive to myAgro’s ticketing platform (we are using JIRA and MantisHub as ticketing systems).
- Documentation: Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- Training: New user and ongoing user training.
- Work with integrated applications. We are using Salesforce in a pretty non-standard way as a development and database platform integrated with several applications and tools, and very few of the traditional sales features.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Salesforce product knowledge and Salesforce Administration experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role.
- An interest in performing platform enhancements and a desire to implement best practice solutions.
- Familiarity with using common development tools (ticketing, version control).
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross culturally.
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Flight benefits
- Laptop and professional development stipends
- Paid leave
- Tons of karmic good – you will be directly helping farming families move beyond subsistence farming
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.