Médecins du Monde is operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of health projects from long-term interventions to emergency response. MEDECINS DU MONDE FRANCE (MDM) invites qualified candidates, to apply for the following Position.
Under the direct supervision of General Coordinator, the Security and Access Officer will be responsible to ensure the follow-up and implementation of safety and security rules on the mission. Collect and report information necessary for contextuel analysis and the adaptation of security and safety procedures for MdM assets and teams based approach.
- Implement safety and security protocols.
- Carry out briefings and team training on safety and security.
- Assess and control the implementation of basic safety and security elements and procedures, their operation and knowledge/use by the teams.
- Provide support and advice to teams in the roll-out of safety and security rules.
- Immediately report any malfunctions, events, threats to the safety of MdM people or property
- Lead a network in order to collect reliable and regular information
- Identify key actors and reliable sources of information
- Actively participate in various communication channels (OCHA, UN agencies, other NGOs, local authorities, etc.)
- Maintain contact lists (internal and external) up to date.
- Conduct permanent contextual monitoring.
- Draft reports and notes summarising the information collected.
- Contribute to risk analyses.
- Contribute to drafting incident reports, check before sending to headquarters, etc.
- Develop recommendations.
- Supervise the presence and proper functioning of the equipment and materials necessary to ensure the safety and security of the teams on site (hibernation kit, satellite telephone, radio, first aid kit, fire extinguishers, etc.)
- Participate in resource planning (logistics, finance, HR) required to manage security and safety on the mission
- Negotiate, obtain passes and authorisations to operate, liaise with civil and/or military authorities.
- Be involved in crisis management in the specialist area.
- Represent MdM both internally and externally.
Duty station: Ethiopia, Addis Ababa (with regular movements to the field).
Employment term: 6 months with possibility of extension, start immediately.
Reported to: The General Coordinator and supported by the Logistics Coordinator and Field Coordinators / Oromia – Chinaksen , Afar -Semera and Afar –Yalo.
- Bachelor Degree in Law / Political Science / Police Science or other related Social Sciences field of study
- At least 2 or 4 years of similar relevant professional work experience (ex: Security and Access Officer, Security and Safety Officer, Security and Liaison Officer) in emergency response humanitarian organization.
Skills and qualities required
- Identify and qualify a security context and events.
- Understand, use and enforce security and safety rules and procedures.
- Create and develop a network of security stakeholders.
- Anticipate, report, and assess risks.
- Adapt language to the audience.
- Know how to negotiate and take a position.
- Draft, present and summaries documents.
- Anticipate, warn of and manage complex situations.
- Create and lead training sessions on security and safety.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Understand the tools and rules of telecommunication, vehicle management and building Security.
- Use the Microsoft Office Pack.
- English: Fluent.
- Amharic: Fluent.
- French/ Spanish an asset.
- Specific security training is an asset.
- Job City Addis Ababa