The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was establish in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria. We make available information on sexual reproductive Health/ Family planning for improved quality of life.
Job type: contract
Location: Maiduguri, Borno state
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract duration: 12 Months with possible extension.
· Security Networking with Key Actors:
Under the supervision of CHAD Centre Manager, you are responsible for the development and implementation of security plan, monitoring and control of the safety and security of the people, goods and progammes. You improve contextual analysis, support operational management and strengthen the security capacities of the mission.
· Establish, develop and maintain relations and a network of contacts allowing the collection of information related with the humanitarian access and context, specifically in the areas of intervention; and provide update to CHAD Management.
- Represent CHAD in state or sector security meeting
Monitor / Reporting / Communication:
- Assess the security situation in Nigeria (focus on North East) by collecting information from formal and informal network and/or the team and/divers’ media (social media, blogs, webpages, etc.)
- Collect information on humanitarian access and report regularly to the line manager.
- Report immediately to the management any sudden changes on the access and security in the areas where CHAD operates.
- Prepare regular written reports on context, security and humanitarian access and share them with the line manager.
- Update context part in the monthly/weekly sitreps
- Support Field Coordinators in understanding context analysis, network development & social structure of local communities where CHAD are operates.
Similar Vacancies, Ngo jobs in Africa now
Confederation of African Football (CAF) Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Administrative Assistant at the U.S. Consulate General
Medecins du Monde (MdM) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Plan International Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Population Services International (PSI) Job Recruitment (7 Positions)
Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation (AFRYDEV) Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
- Ensure overall coordination with the Program, Administration and Logistics Departments
- Ensure proper debriefing of visitors, new staff and associates(volunteers) on the current circumstance of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking a precautionary measure to guarantee the health and safety of all CHADs staff and volunteers.
- Facilitate the proper circulation of security information and context analysis on the mission.
- Ensure prepare debriefing with each team members coming back project site on current security situation.
- Provide information and training for field staff in security procedure and management tools, communication procedures and tools for safety.
- Support logistics department in monitoring of movements and tracking the movements of office vehicles, office gadgets, and movement logbooks.
- Ensure that visitors’ book is properly recorded and documented along with the visitor’s tag.
- Participation in external Security and Access coordination meetings.
- Knowledge of Northeast security context
- Excellent analytical skills, writing and speaking of English language is a must while knowledge of local language Hausa/ Kanuri will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience working with NGO in high-risk humanitarian context at operational, logistical, security positions.
- Demonstrable knowledge of project management and knowledge of security management methodologies and tools for humanitarian missions.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office applications
- Basics in geographical information system (GIS)
- Demonstrable experience in managing staff safety and security;
- Degree in criminology, peace and security studies, International Relations, Political science or related subject.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply. Submit no more than 3-page CV and cover letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to Human Resource Officer and submit to email@example.com. Application is strictly on the email provided. Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted. CHAD Intl is an equal opportunity employer. CHAD considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to sex, disability, religion, tribe among others.
Note: All employees of CHAD Int’l will to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
You might Also Like
Programme Policy Officer (School Feeding) CST-I (Mogadishu & Garowe) at World Food Programme
Deputy Nutrition Cluster Coordinator, Consultant (Level II), Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer AAP (Accountability to Affected Populations) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Joint Resilience Programme Coordinator) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Social Protection) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Food Systems) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Partnership) – NOA at World Food Programme
Communications Officer at Mercy Corps
Subaward & Compliance Officer at Mercy Corps