*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As Senior Advisor – Livelihood & Economic Recovery in Emergencies, you will promote thought leadership in World Vision (WV) Disaster Management work on Emergency Livelihood and economic recovery principles, policy and practice – including integrated programs for fragile, urban and displacement contexts and during outbreaks. You will ensure that the Livelihood and economic recovery component of integrated programming and linking sectors including WASH, nutrition, child protection, health, and MHPSS. Building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders (e.g. government, NGOs, donors, UN, SEEP). Facilitate and promote best practices and learning in emergency livelihoods/economic recovery within the WV partnership where based with a focus on conflict, fragile and urban contexts.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in business/economics or a related field is required. A Bachelor’s Degree in an agricultural related field (Agricultural extension, Agricultural economics, Agricultural production etc).
- Understanding of technical standards including SPHERE, SEEP MERS, HAP, People in Aid.
- Excellent writing and conversation ability in English and preferably with another language such as Arabic, French or Spanish. The ability to communicate cross-culturally and be sensitive to other cultures.
- 10 years’ experience in emergency programming including field experience with an emphasis on implementing livelihoods in conflict, fragile or urban contexts.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 16 SEP 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.