The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking an experienced Senior Associate, Innovations, Business Models & PPPs to manage the successful delivery of projects with a priority focus on supporting new programmes and innovations in fortification globally. The role will primarily be focused on LSFF but will be expected to work across the cluster supporting work on commercialization of biofortified crops.
This position will be on a fixed-term contract of up to 3 years’ subject to availability of funding. This position is open to GAIN’s country offices in London, Abuja, New Delhi or Utrecht.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the Role
The post holder will play a critical role in driving innovations across the fortification value chain; enabling environment, ingredients, products, technology, systems, markets, value propositions, and development of new business models GAIN seeks to leverage new, and scale up existing, innovations to address the unfinished agenda for fortification.
The Senior Associate will work closely with the Cluster Lead, Food Fortification, colleagues within Food Fortification Cluster, Nutrition Enterprise Unit and the Program Services Team generally, Country Programmes, Knowledge Leadership team, and the broader organization — as well as external partners and stakeholders — to manage the successful delivery of projects with a priority focus on supporting new programmes and innovations in fortification globally. The role will primarily be focused on Large Scale Food Fortification but will be expected to work across the cluster supporting work on commercialization of biofortified crops.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Develop and support with execution an innovations agenda/strategy covering- ingredients, products, technology, systems (public/private, civil society), digital solutions, markets, value propositions, business models and delivery mechanisms: retail markets, social safety net programs and institutional procurement.
- Partner with colleagues and cross functional GAIN teams on scaling up innovations and business models under the LSFF programme
- Develop and drive public, private partnerships (PPPs) on fortification and external partnerships focusing on new solutions and innovations in food fortification
- Provide technical inputs in the design and implementation of GAIN’s LSFF programmes across GAIN’s country programmes as well as regional and global initiatives
- Support integration of digital approaches and digital data collection tools and agile project management approaches in GAIN’s LSFF and biofortification programming.
- Support the Cluster Lead with resource mobilisation, document and knowledge management and capacity building on GAIN’s innovations and business models work around food fortification
- Support the effective program monitoring and building out of better integration between food safety, commercialization of biofortified crops and LSFF programming.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in brand management, innovations, market analysis, market shaping strategies, supply chain management or digital programs to improve services in agriculture, food industry or public health. Private sector experience is a must with a blend of experience from public and private sectors is preferable. Experience of both B2B and B2C markets is an added advantage.
You must have experience working on innovations and business models within the food processing/agribusiness sector and you will possess demonstrable experience driving digital projects with knowledge of agile project management considered to be an additional advantage.
You will have exceptional stakeholder management and interpersonal skills with the ability to build partnerships and work effectively within a global and multi-cultural environment.
Experience working at both global and country levels and on public, private partnerships is preferred. The ideal candidate will be available to start by July 2022.
About our Offer
The salary range for each GAIN office is listed below (depending on experience).
A higher increment maybe available for exceptional candidates depending on experience.
- London: From GBP 42,849 – 47,142 per annum
- India: From INR 1,249,668 – 1,485,504 per annum
- Netherlands: From EUR 49,296 – 58,116 per annum
- Nigeria: From NGN 10,183,104 – 12,072,168 per annum
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the “Apply Now” link.
This advert closes on the 10th June 2022. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in one of advertised locations to be considered for this position. Applicants will need to be based in the specific location to be considered. Please note that GAIN is currently unable to sponsor working visas.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
- Job City Abuja