The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition.
Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people.
We aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the Role
GAIN are seeking an experienced Senior Associate to aid with the coordination of the SBN technical assistance and investment activities for the benefit of national members.
The SBN Senior Associate, Global Partnerships will be critical to the SBN Global Secretariate’s mission to support a growing number of SBN members across our national networks.
Specifically, the role will be instrumental in strengthening the linkage of relevant global and regional partners including multinational/ regional corporations, investors, technical assistance providers etc. to over 1,400 SBN national members across 44 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
This role is offered on a 1 year Fixed Term Contract and the post holder can be based in Kenya (Nairobi) or Mozambique (Maputo).
Key Responsibilities Include
- Serve as a relationship manager for global partners, including recruiting new global partners that are willing and able to provide technical assistance or investment opportunities to SMEs within the national SBN membership.
- Design and manage SBN Business to Business (B2B) technical assistance initiatives between SBN global partners and national SBN members on relevant technical topics such as investment readiness, marketing, product reformulation etc. The Senior Associate will manage the coordination, event organisation, reporting and communication related to these initiatives.
- Maintain a database of global investors and technical assistance providers that can be promoted and linked to national members across Africa, Asia and LATAM. This includes frequently updating and disseminating widely a repository of funding and technical assistance opportunities to relevant SMEs.
- Develop and oversee a pipeline generation process for linking SBN national members to investors and technical assistance providers.
- Building on the SBN 3.0 Strategy (2022-2025), lead the development and monitoring of the global SBN Investment and Technical Assistance activity work plan.
- Liaise with the Senior Communications Associate on the development of communications materials to support the aforementioned activities.
The post holder will be a self motivated individual that is able to negotiate and influence key stakeholders at any level. Excellent communication skills written or verbal are a must for this pivotal role.
You will have the ability to build strong relationships as well as having the ability to work in a multicultural setting.
You will also possess extensive experience in private sector development in a developing context with a focus on delivering technical and financial support to SMEs in the agri-food sector.
About our Offer
1) The salary for this role in Kenya is – 2,849,328 (KES) – 3,259,800 (KES) per annum depending on experience.
2) The salary for this role in Mozambique is – $27,967 (USD) – $31,970 (USD) per annum depending on experience.
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes hybrid flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
This advert closes on 27th May 2022. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date. Candidates will ideally be available to start by end of June or the beginning of July 2022.
Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in Mozambique or Kenya. Please note that GAIN are currently unable to sponsor working visas.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued.
We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the following link: