SPARK is growing and we look for a Senior Business Development Manager who can facilitate that. Do you like kick-starting programs which are an impact full in creating jobs for youth? Work together with the SPARK team and local partners to co-design new interventions? Do you like talking to philanthropies and corporate foundations to match their wishes with the SPARK’s USP’s?
The Senior Business development manager is responsible to develop new partnerships with Philanthropies and Corporate Foundations. SPARK has a very diversified partner base amongst multilateral organisations, European, and the Gulf States. New types of partnerships are the next exciting diversification on the organisation’s strategic agenda.
You are not starting from scratch. We are building on a strong programme track record in over 25 conflict-affected states, and are supported by the trust of existing reputable donors and partners. Of course, you need to be able to work independently, but will be part of a seven-member dedicated team.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Building a pipeline of prospective Philanthropic and Corporate Foundation partners, leveraging your insights, research, and network;
- Generate opportunities for philanthropy conversations and access to corporate funding (through special and prospective events and bilateral meetings);
- Drafting and developing grant proposals for charitable grant-making organizations, in collaboration with the Design & Acquisition team to achieve annual targets;
- Work with our communication team to ensure SPARK events, publications, and networking opportunities are used to the fullest and aligned to this new audience;
- Lead the organisation of special initiatives for the main account and prospects and contribute to event support for this group.
Requirements and Skills
- Demonstrated experience working with charitable grant-making organizations or with grantee organizations;
- Experience in successfully fundraising at least six-figure sums;
- A record of achievement that demonstrates successful fund development and client relationship skill and experience; preference for previous philanthropy and corporate funding experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, additional languages (such as French or Arabic) are an asset;
- Ability to segment funders and present work persuasively and appropriately to diverse audiences;
- Good inter-cultural communication and social (networking) skills.
- Based and allowed to work in a European country
- Rewarding work that helps youth in fragile and conflict-affected states to study, work, and grow their own businesses;
- Opportunity to drive a new revenue stream with high-growth potential;
- A dynamic, international team;
- Competitive remuneration package, depending on skills and experience, with results-based performance bonus.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship, so that young ambitious people are empowered to lead their conflict-affected society into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing not-for-profit development organization with 100+ staff members, which supports young entrepreneurs to start or grow their own businesses. SPARK provides displaced youth and women with access to higher education in fragile areas. SPARK specifically focuses its intervention on localization through building the capacities of local partners and stakeholders, green entrepreneurship, digitalization, and women entrepreneurship.
How to apply
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/383
All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform you that we have continued with other candidates.
If you have any questions regarding the position, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At SPARK, we embrace diversity in thoughts, opinions, and backgrounds. We’re open-minded and committed to creating a work environment of mutual respect. That’s why your gender, age, religious beliefs, race, sexual orientation, skin color, or any other difference in your background doesn’t influence our hiring decision.