Senior Cluster Coordinator
Position report to: Nutrition Technical Advisor
Main purpose of the Job: Will serve to provide overall coordination, planning, budgeting and monitoring of Feed the Children Akule ndi Thanzi Program at Cluster level and provide interface between Akule ndi Thanzi partners working in the district/Cluster and District Assembly staff Enrich the community mobilisation process, providing up to date information, sourcing, adapting appropriate tools and supporting with critical processes including training at district and community level as a measure of ensuring quality assurance. The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical assistance and supervision to the field team.
- Coordinate project activity implementation at cluster level to ensure timely achievement of project targets and results
- Maintain a coordination mechanism that facilitates the effective achievement of the cluster functions and the Nutrition requirements of the Akule ndi Thanzi project.
- Support development of annual work plans, budgets and support and monitor implementation of the plans and ensure prudent and correct use of resources
- Oversee the functioning of the Nutrition Field Supervisor on the project, ensuring alignment of work and priorities, effective communication, reporting, engagement and coordination between the levels.
- Promote skills transfer in community mobilization and other project interventions requiring through training and use of mentoring and coaching
- Constantly dialogue with the community members (Care groups Promoters, Cluster leaders, beneficiary households, village headmen etc.) to ensure the project goals and objectives are well articulated and understood and that the community members are encouraged to discuss the relevance of the interventions and propose alternatives if they feel that activities being implemented by the project require some adaptation to the local context.
- Supervise the Cluster coordination team.
- Build and maintain strategic networks and cordial relationships with various sections of the program – communities and district/Cluster level stakeholders through frequent interactions to encourage, advise, and build relationships
- Build complementarity of partner actions within the Cluster, pro-actively negotiating with a wide range of partners to avoid and resolve duplication and gaps and taking action to resolve any conflict or systemic challenges arising from within or beyond the Cluster.
- Ensure all program delivery modalities (in-kind, cash, voucher and services) are given equal consideration in the strategic response planning and establish and implement systematic measures for supporting their consideration and use.
- Assure compliance of all program activities in the different TAs by Field Supervisor.
- Provide clear work plans, including action items, timelines, deliverables, and all other aspects requires to successful completion. Provide Completion report to Nutrition Technical advisor on a quarterly basis.
- Provide quality assurance in the implementation of project activities and facilitate continuous monitoring, documentation for project effectiveness, learning and sharing of best practices
- Support timely report preparation and submission to management for key Decisions
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual project progress reports for the Cluster for management decision making and programming
*Perform other assigned functions within their area of expertise.
Required Qualifications, knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Community Development, Nutrition, Agriculture, Public health or other related disciplines
- A minimum of 3 years of experience of Nutrition Cluster/ Sector/ Working Group coordination is required.
- Experience in effective leadership and management of human resources/ teams to deliver results in high stress/risk environments is required.
- Experience of demonstrating analytical and persuasive writing skills, editing skills, and the ability to convey complex information in a clear manner to a diverse audience is required.
- Experience in humanitarian contexts is required with experience in development contexts an added advantage.
- Direct, practical experience in the design, implementation and/ or coordination of nutrition interventions through community-based platforms, and effective intersectoral collaboration is strongly desired.
- Experience of demonstrating the ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks under minimal supervision in an effective and efficient manner.
Please apply to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be prompt to complete an online screening
- Job City Lilongwe