Position: Senior Communications Specialist
The Libya Economic Acceleration Project (LEAP/Aqfuz) is a newly awarded USAID program implemented by Chemonics International. The program aims to promote inclusive private sector-led growth throughout southern Libya, increasing economic resilience while putting new opportunities within reach for diverse stakeholders. LEAP/Aqfuz will enhance entrepreneurship skills, provide firm-level assistance, provide technical and vocational training, and strengthen the capacity of business development service providers.
The Senior Communications Specialist will implement the project’s communication strategy and is responsible for all project communications, including contractually required quarterly and annual reports, success stories, and external/public facing communications, press releases and other project deliverables as required. Moreover, s/he is responsible for creating content on suitable for USAID social media platforms and coordinating with project partners to ensure compliance with the LEAP branding strategy and marking plan. The Senior Communications Specialist will work closely with project partners and grantees to design and implement communications strategies for all project activities.
The Senior Communications Specialist reports to the Chief of Party.
- Assume primary responsibility for implementing and overseeing the project’s communication strategy.
- Support the design of and oversee communications strategies for all project partners/grantees in coordination with LEAP technical and grants teams.
- Review and approve all external communications materials produced by project partners/grantees to ensure quality and consistency.
- Work with other staff members to ensure consistency in the communication of key messages related to LEAP’s technical work.
- Lead development of and organize content for project progress reports and technical deliverables, including quarterly and annual reports and other project deliverables as required.
- Identify channels and develop networks for communicating key messages to beneficiary communities, project partners, USAID, and other stakeholders.
- Liaise with LEAP staff to identify and prioritize key project successes to be included in external communications materials.
- Write and edit (photo/video/text) presentations and social media communications.
- Maintain a database of video and photographs consistent with USAID and Chemonics corporate photography guidance.
- Ensure project compliance with USAID communications and branding requirements.
- Support project partners to maintain a high-quality social media presence to highlight project accomplishments and increase the overall visibility of the project.
- Maintain technical quality control for all public communication, public awareness, and public relations work
This is a long-term assignment. The expected duration is at least one year.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field required
- Knowledge of communications and outreach for international donor funded programs, with experience in economic growth programming preferred
- Minimum of four years work experience required, with at least two years of direct work experience in communications, outreach, journalism, or a related field
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally diverse staff
- Strong English and Arabic communication skills (oral and written) required
How to apply
To Apply: Please submit your CV to LEAPjobs@chemonics.com
Please state in the subject line the position you are applying for.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Graphic Designer at International Rescue Committee
- Communication Manager at International Rescue Committee
- SRH Officer Libya at CARE
- National Communication Expert at UNIDO
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Manager at Save the Children Nigeria