The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Credit Risk Officer
The Senior Credit Officer – Debt Recovery manages non-sovereign non-performing loans that have been transferred to the Risk Management Department from the Private Sector Department, develops and executes remedial actions, workout strategies and restructuring with input from General Counsel & Legal Services Department, all in accordance with the institutional risk framework in order to protect OPEC Fund’s assets and maximize recovery.
Latest Nigeria NGO Jobs/NGO Jobs In Africa Opportunities – NGOJobsAfrica UPDATE
Duties and Responsibilities
Risk management and analysis:
- Review loan non-performance issues, recommend remedial actions, formulate and analyze various workout options, including financial projections and net present value analysis to maximize recovery value.
- Prepare the workout strategy for review and approval by the Risk Management Committee (RMC).
- Implement the approved workout strategy, including negotiations with borrowers and other interested parties, and execute restructuring or liquidation actions.
- Monitor all nonperforming loans under management in line with established guidelines.
- Prepare and submit monthly non-performing loan reports and recommendations on loss provisions to the RMC for approval.
- Enhance, implement and maintain risk management policies, procedures and guidelines related to identification, measurement, risk mitigation and reporting of nonperforming loans and provisioning.
Nigeria NGO Jobs/NGO Jobs Africa Career Opportunities
Credit Appraisal and Monitoring:
- Ensure OPEC Fund credit policies, procedures and guidelines are applied to new transactions and existing portfolio. Implement OPEC Fund’s risk appetite set by senior management, contributing to OPEC Fund’s financial sustainability and development objectives.
- Assess the risks of new and existing private sector debt, guarantee and equity transactions in line with the credit approval and monitoring process.
- Provide recommendations to project teams on risk issues, key due diligence items, deal structuring and appropriate risk mitigation measures, determine accurate risk ratings for public and private sector obligors in accordance with internal rating methodologies, pricing / valuation and risk-return analysis, key terms and conditions and financial covenants, during both the transaction approval stage and post-disbursement for waivers / consents and monitoring reviews.
- Prepare objective, well-reasoned and independent risk assessments and credit notes for new transactions at concept and final review stage and waiver approvals, ensuring full disclosure and understanding of risks during the approval and monitoring process.
- Review and provide independent credit opinions on annual monitoring reports of existing transactions, assess and determine updated risk ratings.
- Provide credit decisions on waivers, amendments and consent requests for key transaction terms and conditions, covenants, and any other transaction undertakings.
- Ensure portfolio quality is maintained with timely identification of credit risks, project challenges and portfolio trends. Maintain accurate credit and facility ratings to reflect risks, and updated credit watchlists. Assist in portfolio monitoring and monitoring compliance of exposure limits, diversification/concentration limits, portfolio weighted risk ratings and risk-adjusted return on capital (RAROC).
NGO JOBS IN AFRICA
- Prepare and submit the monthly Nonperforming Loan Report to the RMC.
- Maintain updated Credit Watch lists and submit to RMC quarterly.
- Contribute to the quarterly risk management report, develop risk policies, and administer Credit Committee meetings.
- Prepare and submit Credit Notes for new transactions to the Credit Committee.
- Prepare credit decisions / credit commentary on Waivers, Amendments and Consents and Annual Monitoring Reports.
- Carry out other tasks assigned by the Director, Credit Risk.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Accounting / Finance / Business / Economics or equivalent professional qualification.
- A minimum of 15 years of credit risk and/or banking experience, with a demonstrated track record, substantial knowledge and expertise in all aspects of credit risk management, experience in debt recovery and knowledge of project finance and financial institutions.
- Preferably, 10-12 years of experience with global or regional banks, fund managers, or multilateral/ bilateral development financial institutions.
- Fluent in English. Good working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge in credit risk management areas, including assessment of individual loans, guarantees, and equity investments in the context of credit approval and monitoring process, monitoring of portfolio risks, and management of impaired transactions.
- Established analytical skills in the credit risks and high initiative and deep sensitivity in strategic views.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Very good data analysis and evaluation skills.
- Bright, reliable and self-motivated. Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as work closely with fellow team members in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing and advising on appropriate strategies to manage business and organizational performance regarding risk and effectively communicating the impact.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online