Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health programs, education, research, and livelihood initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are recruiting qualified candidates for the following position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance & Administrative Officer
Department: Global Fund
- The successful candidate will be responsible for accounting and finance and overall administration for the Project, ensuring compliance with the contractual requirements of the project with the objective of providing professional accountancy services consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure that financial management and office administration policies and procedures in finance are consistent with those of AHNi and donors.
- Implement accounting and fiscal control procedures to comply with AHNi and donor policies and procedures. Develop and review operational budgets.
- Provide oversight of pipeline expenditure projections, manage and review financial functions (check requests, wire transfers, and journal entries), provide direction, oversight, and interpretation of accounting policies and procedures that guide the day- to-day operations of the project.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent with 7 – 9 years relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA Degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 5 – 7 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in office management and administration.
- CPA, ACA, ICAN, CIMA, CFE or any other relevant professional qualification is required.
- Experience in managing financial records of donor-funded organizations and familiarity with donor and local contractual procedures is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
Friday; 14th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-F&AJobs@ahnigeria.org using their Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the JOB TITLE and LOCATION clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Social Media Manager at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Surge Ad-Hoc Support-Health Informatics Officer at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
- Human Resources Manager at Catholic Relief Services
- Chief Health Officer (Health Assessment Programmes) at International Organization for Migration
- KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT at International Potato Center