Position: Senior Finance and Administration Manager, USAID/Liberia Local Health Systems Solutions Activity
Pact seeks an experienced Senior Finance and Administration Manager for the anticipated USAID-funded Local Health Systems Solutions (LHESS) Activity, which is expected to be released in 2023. The purpose of this activity is to support Liberia’s MoH in strengthening critical components of the health system to improve access and affordability, thus increasing patient outcomes at all levels and focuses on three core objectives:
- Obj 1 – Strengthened Decentralization Structures at national and subnational level to drive health system performance.
- Obj 2 – Strengthened systems for delivery of quality health services; and
- Obj 3 – Increased financial protection through reduced out-of-pocket spending on health care.
This is anticipated to be a five-year activity (2024-2029). This position is contingent upon award.
The Senior Finance and Administration Manager will provide overall procurement, financial, operational, safety and security, and compliance support to the project. The SFAM ensures transparent administrative, financial, and reporting procedures; effective financial controls; and oversight of grants under contract (GUCs). In coordination with the Pact, s/he will initiate, develop, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the finance and compliance program and its related activities and to promote cost efficiency and compliance with all rules and regulations.
The specific duties to be carried out by the successful candidate are listed below:
- S/he will ensure funds expended are compliant with US government regulations and policies.
- She/he will implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the award, which may be a contract or a cooperative agreement.
- S/he will identify potential areas of financial and compliance vulnerability and risk and develop or implement corrective action plans to resolve problematic issues.
- S/he will ensure proper financial documentation and reporting, establish and provide direction and management of project funds.
- S/he will lead and oversee the development, management, and complete life cycle of a variety of possible procurement mechanisms, including but not limited to purchase orders, sub-grants, sub-contracts, and/or Grants Under Contracts (GUCs).
- S/he will be responsible for developing and managing the agreement or contract budget, tracking project spending, and preparing monthly financial reports.
- S/he will implement and adjust when required the project’s safety and security strategy and protocols and serves as the point of contact for the person in charge of security at USAID for any issue related to security reports and procedures.
- S/he will mentor and supervise finance, operations, and other staff engaged in the activities noted here.
- Master’s degree with six (6) years work experience or bachelor’s degree with at least eight (8+) years work experience
- At least four (4+) years management experience, specifically in financial compliance and progressive supervisory work experience directly managing finance, and compliance staff.
- A CPA financial professional accreditation recognized by the relevant authorities in Liberia
- Experience working in international development, preferably USAID-funded projects in finance, procurement, logistics, and related areas managing contracts and/or cooperative agreements.
- Demonstrable experience with management and/or administration for USAID projects, including experience managing sub-awards and GUCs.
- Knowledge of U.S. government references including OMB Circulars (e.g. A-122), 22 CFR 226 and 22 CFR 228, ADS, FAR, AIDAR, CAS, FFATA, DSSR, and FTR.
- Experience working with West Africa projects, preference for Liberian local organizations
- Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations and policies, particularly financial reporting and compliance requirements.
- Fluency in English (oral, writing, and reading)
- Ability to travel within Liberia and occasionally internationally.
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases.
- Demonstrable experience managing grants, contracts or other mechanisms that allow projects to seamlessly change course in response to new information.
- Experience with accounting software such as Serenic, Navigator, ERPs, ACCPAC, or others.
- Liberian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
At Pact, we recognize your impact, offer you opportunities and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings may include healthcare, retirement (8.8% to 13% based on service tenure) and savings plans, paid time off, disability and life insurance programs, learning and development opportunities, wellness programs as well as other optional benefit elections .
With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Pact seeks an environment free from COVID-19 and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Attestation of vaccination status will be required for employment with Pact. Unvaccinated employees may be subject to additional health and safety requirements to include any federal, state and/or client restrictions.
How to apply
Please apply on our website. https://careers-pactworld.icims.com
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Country Technical Director/Deputy Chief of Party at Pact
- Country Manager/Chief of Party, USAID/Liberia Local Health Systems Solutions Activity at Pact
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer at Danish Refugee Council
- Support Coordinateur Financier (H/F) – Bamako at Solidarités International
- RESPONSABLE PROGRAMME SAME (H/F) – MOPTI at Solidarités International