Position Name: Senior Finance Officer
Position Reports To: State Team Lead
Summary Scope of Work:
The Senior Finance Officer (SFO) reports to the State Team Leader and will be responsible for providing financial management for Jhpiego projects as assigned. The SFO will ensure that the financial reports are compatible with standard accounting practices and follow Jhpiego and USAID rules and regulations. The SFO will be responsible for ensuring cost consciousness, efficient spending and for implementing and maintaining an on-site financial accounting and book-keeping system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of project financial operations.
• Provide guidance to the program teams regarding the financial requirements of the projects and office operations.
• Implements and oversees a detailed financial reporting and reimbursement process in accordance with Jhpiego’s established financial system.
• Prepares the monthly financial report by using adapted finance software (QuickBooks) and ensures accuracy and timeliness
• Uses various software applications such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphic packages to assemble, analyze, and format data and/or reports
• Ensures financial management systems provides accurate, current, and complete disclosure of financial transactions
• Support the Senior Finance Manager in financial reporting process to donors
• Ensure that required financial controls and cost-performance monitoring mechanisms are in place and adhered to: prevents over or under-expenditure of budgets, ensures proper safeguards of funds and ensures compliance with established USG and Jhpiego’s global financial, accounting and administrative procedures.
• Regularly review accounting transactions to ensure costs are allowable and reasonable
• Regularly reviews QBE: review of balance sheet, aging analysis, detailed GL, expenditure by ION, advance balance
• Preforms other projects related activities as assigned by the supervisor or by Jhpiego management
• Degree in Accounting, Finance or its recognized equivalent
• MBA in Accounting or professional qualification (CPA, ACCA or recognized equivalent) is highly desired.
• 6+ years relevant experience in finance and accounting.
• Knowledge of institutional donors (e.g. USAID) regulations, procedures and requirements a plus.
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified consultants should send their updated CV to email@example.com using the job title and location e.g.**”** Senior Finance Officer, Taraba “ as the subject of the email.
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Not Specified
· CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
· The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
· Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
· Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
· We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
· Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
· JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org