Muslim Aid is seeking for a qualified consultant to provide advisory services to the International Programme Accountant. Working closely with the International Programme Accountant, you will support the team to improve its financial systems, policies, and procedures, and assist the International Project Accountant on the financial closing and management reporting.
The role requires you to carry out a review of our financial procedures within Muslim Aid’s financial system ensuring that we have, at the end of the process, a system that is well understood by staff and fit for purpose. The key areas of concern for Muslim Aid include.
- Ensure that the systems that will be recommended meet the compliance requirements of both the international donors and internal Muslim Aid funding.
- Ensure that the systems are of higher quality to be able to evolve the Muslim Aid systems and processes required for compliance, reporting, and budget monitoring. These systems should aid the Muslim Aid team from data capture to monthly management reporting.
- Ensure that the country Office teams have the capacity required to strengthen financial management in the country Offices including ensuring the generation of accurate financial information.
- Ensure that the Muslim Aid local country Office processes and policies are well integrated with the global Muslim Aid processes and policies whilst meeting local requirements.
About the Role:
Working at the global level and closely with the country Offices, the Individual will assist the International Office Accountant to strengthen the tools used for data collection, strengthen grants and project financial management and reporting. These tools should provide accurate information at the Chart of Accounts, Project Code, and Activity Plan level.
- an independent assessment of the current systems
- recommendations to ensure the questions above are answered
- implementation to ensure necessary changes are made. Working closely with and reporting to the International Programme Accountant, the Individual will have close collaboration with the Muslim Aid country Offices and the Muslim Aid UK Finance team.
The individual will carry out a detailed assessment of the financial capacity and capabilities across Muslim Aid’s five country office. This will therefore include:
- A desk review of the current prescribed systems and processes, for all financial transactions – including a review of financial processes and will report to the International Project Accountant the practices and their deviation from acceptable accounting practices. The Individual will document current practices in financial accounting, record keeping, and reporting.
- Gather details on the knowledge and awareness of staff in the standing systems and processes – both implementing staff and managers
- Establish how the finance function is coordinated across the country Office.
- Working with local teams and the team in London, the Individual will support the implementation of any necessary changes to improve financial processes related to accounting and financial management.
- Macro Built Customized country Office cash and bankbooks.
- Macro Built non-Cash journal templates
- Cash request template for each country Office
- Production of Management Accounts with detailed Analysis for each Country office
- Production Statement of Financial Activates for each Country Office
- Production of Balance Sheet for each Country office
- Production of Funds Position for each Country Office
- Statement of Financial Position for each country Office
How to apply
If you are passionate about our cause, share our values and believe you have the skills for this role, then we’d love to hear from you.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should provide all materials outlined below to email@example.com
Please include ‘Senior Financial Accountant in the subject line of the application e-mail.
- Muslim Aid Application Form
- CV (maximum 3 pages).
- Covering letter (maximum 1 page) outlining your skills and experience relevant to the Terms of Reference and your specific interest in the specific assignment.
- Description of the methodology/approach you will use to deliver on the assignment you are applying for (maximum 2 pages).
- A financial proposal (including details of fees and number of days/hours);
- The names and contact information for two recent references.