KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is one of the leading international non-profit organizations dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide. We are an international center of expertise for TB control that stimulates effective, efficient, and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including medical doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses, and epidemiologists. Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully driving back TB in the Netherlands, and subsequently by partnering in the fight against TB in over 40 countries worldwide. We operate from a central office in the Hague in the Netherlands and additional country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from individual, institutional and corporate donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Financial Expert (Expatriate position, Non-family posting)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Hours: 40 hours per week
Purpose of the Position
- The Senior Financial Expert (FE) advises and supports the Director Finance & Operations of KNCV Nigeria on financial systems, procedures and internal controls and provides financial capacity training to staff.
Position in the Organization
- The Senior Financial Expert (FE) is embedded in the Abuja office and reports to KNCV Nigeria’s Executive Director
Financial Management and Control:
- Advise and provide support in monitoring and overseeing the financial management for all activities in Nigeria including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability;
- Undertake preliminary financial analysis of projects in the Nigeria Office;
- Provide input for and coordinate the preparation of financial reports in accordance with donor regulations and established procedures;
- Evaluate the data and review if accounting data is in accordance with KNCV and donor financial rules and practices. Review if accurate records of entries including hard copies of all vouchers and supporting documentations are maintained;
- Review forecasting cash flows according to activities in the Nigeria Office and ensure control of funds disbursed.;
- Verify that funding is received in accordance with donor agreements;
- Support the Director Finance & Operations in preparing the annual master budget for Nigeria, monitor budget control and analyze variances between budget and actual expenditures;
- Assist in the preparation of budgets for new programs. Separate project budgets from the organizational budget. Support in the setup of budget monitoring tools for projects;
- Inspect payroll and support cost versus budgets, ensuring that salaries and support costs are correctly allocated to projects consistent with KNCV’s fair share allocation policy.
Financial Capacity Sharing and Training:
- Provide support and information to the Senior Management Team throughout the project cycle to enable compliance with KNCV’s policies and procedures and any donor-specific requirements;
- Make recommendations on procedural improvements in a pro-active manner and train staff in the KNCV financial policies and procedures;
- Facilitate and support knowledge building and sharing in accounting and finance;
- Liaise with other internal functional units of the Nigeria Office and support the Director Finance & Operations in liaising with banks, donors and government counterparts, auditors and other stakeholders as required in the performance of the accounting function;
- Liaise with relevant units at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation in the Netherlands for technical advice on the accounting and financial advice needs of KNCV Nigeria;
- Supervise and train finance officers on relevant areas of accounting and finance.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Management, or a related field from an accredited academic institution;
- At least ten years’ experience in financial management, financial reporting, accounting, budgeting, and procurement with INGO;
- Membership of an accounting body(ies) is desirable;
- Experience preparing reports, budgets, statistics and coordinate administrative activities.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, manage staff and coordinate administrative activities;
- Good knowledge of MS Office products, specifically Excel, and good computer literacy skills;
- Experience with financial management of USAID awards is a pre;
- Knowledge of Exact Isoftware (or other relevant accounting software) is a pre.
- Analytical skills;
- Pro-active problem-solving approach;
- Excellent inter-personal and negotiating skills;
- Excellent time management & decision-making skills;
- Cultural sensitivity;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and one other relevant language.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A 1-year contract with extension possibility subject to funding availability and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates should including a Motivation Letter and CV, via form during application
- If you have any questions on the position, feel free to contact Kelly Schut on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.F or questions on the procedure, please could contact the HR Team via: email@example.com or T +3170 4167222.
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.
- This position is dependent on donor funding