The Climate Action Network (CAN) is a worldwide network of over 1500 Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in more than 130 countries, working to promote government and individual action to limit human-induced climate change to ecologically sustainable levels. CAN
CAN members work to achieve this goal through information exchange and the coordinated development of NGO strategy on international, regional, and national climate issues. CAN has regional network hubs that coordinate these efforts around the world.
The Senior Fundraising and Partnerships Manager will work with the Operations Department to help support the CAN Secretariat and Network in its relationship with donors and its fundraising and reporting responsibilities.
This senior position reports directly to the Head of Operation and is a member of the senior management team.
- Develop, maintain, and manage relations with high-level stakeholders, with a specific focus on donors;
- Support the coordination of the CAN Funders’ Advisory Group
- Develop a fundraising strategy to assist with building the sustainability of the Network;
- Identify and follow up on fundraising opportunities;
- Coordinate and provide input to grant project proposals;
- Coordinate and provide input to grant project reporting;
- Develop, maintain and expand a database of donors ;
- Accompany (Physically or virtually) the Executive Director and other relevant staff to meetings as required or attend individual meetings with donors and key stakeholders;
- Support the Executive Director with maintaining strong relations with key stakeholders
- Coordinate the production and content development of annual reports;
- Develop fundraising materials such as collateral specifically developed for external stakeholders and funders;
- Develop close working relationship with staff;
- Participate in Senior Management Team meetings and other relevant Secretariat/network meetings;
- Coordinate key activities that are linked to donors and high-level stakeholders.
- Graduate-level university degree in a relevant field (social sciences, finance, management, business management, environment);
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a relevant field;
- Strong ability in professional and formal communication with high-level stakeholders;
- Proven record of successful fundraising experience at international level;
- Experience in leading the development and management of major grant proposals;
- Experience working with NGO’s and networks
- Experience working with donors such as charities and foundations
- Experience with coordinating international teams and working groups;
- Good writing skills
- Experience in Project Management and event organization;
- Ability and experience in working remotely;
- Very strong independent work and organizational skills, and willingness to work under time constraints and pressure;
- Excellent written and oral English skills required, additional UN language skills desirable;
- A proven interest in climate issues and/or experience with CAN or its members will be considered an asset;
- Ability to travel internationally for work assignments, often at short notice.
How to apply
- Send a motivation letter and CV as one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: Senior Fundraising and Partnerships Manager
- The deadline for applications is 26th July 2021 COB.
- Please, no telephone inquiries. Based on the expected large interest in this position and limited capacity, only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
- CAN is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to make positions accessible to all regardless of race, nationality, ethnicity, age, disability, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion, marital or parental status, etc.