iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP is starting a nine (9) month project to contribute to the enhancement of humanitarian coordination and response capacities through IM support to the actors in Cameroon. Through this project, iMMAP will set up an Intersectoral Information Management Support Unit (IIMSU) that will work closely with OCHA and the different coordination mechanisms (Clusters and sectors). The IIMSU will provide IM support tailored to the needs of the broad humanitarian ecosystem (coordination bodies, INGOs, LNGOs) through three core activities: deployment of Information Management Officers (IMOs) to fill critical IM gaps in the active Clusters in NW/SW regions; provision of IM services to the different coordination mechanisms at national and regional levels (OCHA, Clusters and Sectors); and IM capacity building open to all actors responding in Cameroon.
For this project, iMMAP is looking for a Senior Information Manager who will act as the team lead of the project.
- Set up and structure the IIMSU in its different aspect :
- Develop clear ToRs;
- Clarify its modus operandi;
- Develop SoPs, templates, etc.
- Automate external and internal requests using the most appropriate technology;
- Ensure communication with Sectors and Actors in Cameroon about the available IM services;
- Provide technical support to the IIMSU national teams for the IM services delivery:
- Support the IIMSU to collect, collate, manage, and analyse data from all partners;
- Assist the IIMSU in developing tools to harmonize data collection and processes across the Humanitarian Cycle and different sectors to facilitate consolidation of information;
- Provide technical expertise during interagency initiatives, related to information and data management, seeking to improve information sharing between institutions, to strengthen access to information from other organizations and clusters, and to contribute to intersectoral dashboards and reports
- Support the IIMSU in verifying data quality (completeness, timeliness), identifying gaps in information management, recommending corrective actions and prepare relevant documents to include in internal and external situation reports (SitReps), dashboards, maps, etc.
- Provide technical support to the deployed personel in NW/SW Clusters
- Provide technical support to the capacity building activities
- Project Management
- Develop programming through writing of project concept paper, proposal and budget for iMMAP using best practices in coordination with appropriate program units.
- Oversee the overall design of the program ensuring objectives are met within the required time frame and budget. Where necessary ensure preventative and corrective action is taken.
- Develop an implementation strategy which is appropriate to the country context and strategy.
- Ensure the project is implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements.
- Regularly assess and provide feedback and recommendations on the quality of the project.
- Plan the mobilisation of resources for the implementation of program activities.
- Manage a comprehensive activity plan, including resource needs analysis, covering the time frame.
- Proactively inform iMMAP HQ of identified opportunities, risks and risk mitigation relevant to the program planning and implementation.
- Maintain an overview of the national and regional context with a view to the strategic development of the project both in the current identified sites and potential of future program extension and expansion.
- Support programme implementation as needed, including: developing assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring and evaluation systems, field visits to verify data, reporting and close-out.
- Ensure that budgets are spent according to donor proposals and regulations.
- Monitor the spending of designated programme funds in the pre-operational phase of the program.
- Staff Management
- Through a consultative leadership style and a transparent and supportive communication structure, develop and build an effective iMMAP project team.
- Ensure all identification, selection and contracting related issues for the staff of the designated project are carried out in accordance with iMMAP guidelines.
- Ensure that staff receive appropriate and adequate training by providing coaching.
- Build relationships on behalf of iMMAP with bilateral donors, international non-governmental organisations, implementation partners and other agencies relevant to the implementation of the programme.
- Represent iMMAP in relevant consultations and meetings.
- Ensure complete and timely reporting of activities to iMMAP, donor, and implementation partners.
- Assist iMMAP HQ with forward strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by HQ.
- Graduate of an Institute or University in the field of Information Technology, Information Management or Computer Sciences.
- In-depth knowledge of database and GIS software, and computer networks, Good knowledge of related hardware and peripheral equipment.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian information management, GIS, database management/Administration (familiarity with PHP, HTML or any other programming language), data visualization, or data analysis is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in the humanitarian sector is required.
- Understanding of data QA/QC processes for information management are essential.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering theory and applications would be an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of programming theory and relational database principles.
- Strong analytical skills, and apt at turning abstract discussions into concrete ideas;
- Proven and well-developed influencing and relationship-building skills in dealing with stakeholders at all levels;
- Demonstrable highly developed written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently;
- Ability to perform well on tight deadlines, flexible attitude;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Demonstrable highly developed written and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge of the humanitarian ecosystem and coordination mechanism is essential;
- Knowledge of the humanitarian cluster system and the HNO and HRP processes;
- Knowledge of multi-sector assessments and assessment frameworks;
- Knowledge of mobile data collection applications, systems, tools and processes;
- Strong skills in data visualisation and development of web based dashboards;
- Demonstrated knowledge of structured analytical techniques and processes;
- Knowledge of the Inter Agency IM Coordination structures.
- **Knowledge of Microsoft Office package with strong skills in Excel is mandatory;
- Knowledge of The DEEP platform is an added value;
- Strong Knowledge of KoBo and/or ODK is mandatory;
- Strong Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is mandatory;
- Strong Knowledge of QGIS and/or ESRI Solutions is mandatory.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.