Position Title: Senior IT Support Assistant – Kenyan National Hire
Reports To: IT Support Supervisor
Division : Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Department: Information Technology
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Grade Level: 4 (N)
FLSA & Union Status: Non-Exempt **
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position is primarily responsible for the helpdesk requests resolution, assisting end users working in the field, office and from home with resolving computer software and hardware problems and supporting circuit rides including audiovisual teleconferencing refugee processing support.
The position requires flexibility, innovation, initiative, good communication and interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with different types of systems and more importantly, different types of people
- Achieves and maintains a thorough knowledge and adherence to established RSC Africa, CWS/IRP and DOS/PRM standards, policies and procedures regarding ICT systems management for CWS/RSC Africa
- Responds to and resolves help desk requests within the stipulated timelines, provides first line IT support and when needed assists the IT support specialist in manning the IT helpdesk system.
- Plans for and delivers IT training to existing and new CWS/RSC Africa staff in coordination with the Training department.
- Works with the IT Support supervisor and specialists in analyzing helpdesk data to make inferences on training and technological needs.
- Conducts field processing circuit rides preparation, deployment, simulation and remote staff support, including audiovisual teleconferencing support in the office and in the field.
- Travels to remote locations for systems, equipment and staff support.
- Collaborates with and supports the CWS/RSC Africa sub-office IT Officers in their various IT tasks and projects.
- Works with and assists the other IT specialists and contractors on various IT repairs, maintenance, upgrades and other IT tasks and projects.
- Works closely with the Property Assistants to ensure that they keep and track an updated IT equipment inventory and that there is constant supply of all IT equipment/resources needed to support staff.
- When needed, covers the responsibilities of the other IT Specialists and executes other IT tasks as assigned by the Supervisor or IT Management.
· One (1) years directly related specialized IT experience performing the essential duties is required.
· Two years’ experience in managing and maintaining computer networks, preferably Windows based networks, is preferred.
· Strong troubleshooting and IT problems solving skills in a Windows based environment and willingness to constantly renew required knowledge.
· Strong knowledge of using and managing IT Helpdesk systems.
· Strong knowledge in Microsoft 365 training and support.
· Strong and up-to-date knowledge in systems security in a large network environment.
· Knowledge in networking (LAN, WLAN and VPN), especially with Cisco managed devices (Firewalls, Routers and switches).
· Knowledge in domain management and Active directory services.
· Knowledge of TCP/IP Architecture and OSI Model.
· Knowledge and working experience with administration of database systems, especially MS SQL Server.
· Knowledge in Windows Servers architecture.
· Knowledge in data leak, loss and encryption methods (McAfee or any other)
The IT Specialists must have the ability to:
· Discuss technical information with users of diverse technical levels and discern their needs;
· Facilitate and negotiate;
· Communicate technical reports effectively at any level;
· Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
· Follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
· Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
· Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
· Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
· Carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
· Work independently and contribute to overall operations at management level;
· Take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
· Lead others and address issues as they arise;
· Maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
· Manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
· Analyze and solve complex problems;
· Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
· Effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
· Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Government Operational Refugee Processing Program in Africa
· Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
Education & Certifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field or four (4) years of directly related experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
· Other advanced professional training in IT related field is preferred.
· COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
· This position is based in (Nairobi, Kenya)
· This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
· Background check which includes references and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment for International applicants.
· A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
· Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.**
· Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
· Full time: All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic
How to apply
Log onto CWS Careers site: https://cws-careers.vibehcm.com/