Position Name: Senior Knowledge Management and Training Advisor
Position Reports To: Project Lead, MCGL QoC Project
- The Snr KM/Training Advisor will be responsible for leading knowledge management, general communications, training and learning functions for Jhpiego Nigeria. The Advisor will bridge the relevant work done by the MCGL projects and Jhpiego in-country, and work closely with colleagues to identify KM needs as well as harness and package knowledge for dissemination through different means to Jhpiego staff, National and State partners and the National Quality of Care (QoC) Technical Working Group (TWG).
- The Snr KM/Training Advisor will be responsible for leading the development of well written information and knowledge products and other communication pieces with high quality photos, videos, infographics or stories for Jhpiego Nigeria and MCGL project stakeholders and the National QoC TWG.
- The Snr KM/Training Advisor will support the MCGL projects in planning, coordinating and delivering training activities at the national and state level as required.
- The Snr KM/Training Advisor will support the knowledge management and communications work in Jhpiego Nigeria by working with the organizations KM and communications team.
- Identify creative and effective ways to generate and share knowledge with a view to leveraging good practices and improving programs.
- Works closely with members of the National RMNCH QoC TWG, FMoH, MCGL QoC consortium partners and other MCGL project staff to develop information products and learning material;
- Define and produce diverse knowledge; evidence- based articles, resource guide.
- Lead and ensure cohesion of knowledge and learning activities in-country.
- Strictly ensure that Jhpiego standards for quality assurance for communication materials are always maintained.
- Actively participate in the development of annual work plans and any specialized technical planning or reporting for the MCGL projects
- Undertake duties as specified by the Project leads for the MCGL projects and other assigned authorities.
- Develops capacity building activities for staff to enhance their ability to communicate about MCGL projects achievements and provide editorial services for documents and presentations, including formatting, style and accuracy of a text, grammar and punctuation and copy editing
- Contribute to annual work planning, training plans and quarterly reports and other required technical reports and presentation.
- Provide technical leadership on the timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of program activities and results for the MCGL QoC project and Jhpiego Nigeria.
- Advocate and eensure quality program implementation consistent with FMOH RMNCH and WHO Guidelines and strategic directions, global best practices including advice on relevant latest health developments & publications.
- With the consortium partners, Project lead, SIOs and other program staff, oversee program design, implementation, quality assurance and monitoring of work plan.
- Coordinate with the other members of the technical team and partners to develop and implement feasible national and state-based approaches.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project lead which contribute to the achievement of program goals.
- Master’s degree in communications, knowledge management, public health, international development, or related field,
- Minimum of 9-10 years’ working experience in knowledge management and communications; i) public health; and ii) Infographics iii) USAID development projects;
- In addition, s/he should demonstrate competencies in communicating to a wide range of stakeholders and audiences as well as excellent report writing, facilitation and inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrate good judgment, possesses sensitivity and understanding of how messaging impacts diverse audiences
- Excellent computer skills in a full range of software, including: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite, Infographic Programs and/or other graphics programs.
- Proven ability to organize, summarize, and rewrite technical information for non-expert audiences.
- Experience facilitating workshops and trainings in communication skills.
- Proven organizational and management skills, ability to work independently and in teams in a multi-cultural context.
- Knowledge of infographic software is a plus.
- The ideal candidate should be an excellent writer with strong command of both spoken and written English
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to email@example.com using “Senior Knowledge Management and Training Advisor” as the subject of the email.**
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Tuesday 19th April 2022
· CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
· The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
· Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
· We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
· Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
· Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
· There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
· JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org