Job position – Senior Logistics Officer Work Location – Maiduguri with visits to field locations
Reporting to – Logistics Coordinator Supervision of – officers/assistants
General purpose of the position
The role ensures development and strengthening of INTERSOS’ Logistics capacity and contributes to the professional development of logistics within the area of Procurement, fleet management and support for the Offices and Guest-houses management. Support office functions and assist in field operations as requested.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· Manages the assessment of the local purchasing environment (through new local market analysis, information gathered from previous purchases, program teams, other NGOs etc.) and to refresh it every maximum six (6) months (including already existing ones)
· Manages the process of the prequalification of the local suppliers;
· Manages the procurement of the mission in accordance to the Procurement Plans and in coordination with the Supply Chain Officer and Field Logs for the shipment of goods
· In collaboration with the Logistics Manager and the Logistics Coordinator, contributes to the preparation of tenders and give recommendations for the finalization of the award of contracts
· Contributes to the preparation and signature of contracts and/or Framework contract with the prequalified suppliers and ensures compliance with administrative procedures for any procurement dossier;
· Checks the quality / status and the right amount of the materials and of the packaging delivered to the warehouse from the prequalified suppliers;
· Manages all fuel requests both from the field locations and as well as Maiduguri and compile all monthly fuel consumption reports for the mission and provides managerial oversight and trainings all drivers.
· Gets involved in the daily activities of the warehouse operations in the Maiduguri office;
· Provides managerial oversight and conduct frequent Warehouse Spot Checks of warehouse operations in all INTERSOS operational areas.
· Ensures that all assets procured are registered on the IMP and tagged as per the INTERSOS tagging system.
· Conducts frequent quarterly physical verification of assets in all INTERSOS operational areas in Nigeria and recommend for disposal as and when needed.
· Collates and submits monthly assets report to the Logistics Coordinator
· Arranges the accommodation of staff in the GH or in Hotels;
· Assures that all services (energy, water and gas supply, furniture etc.) within the offices and guesthouses are working properly;
· Produces and follows a maintenance plan of all services in the offices and guesthouses;
· Compilation and submission of Monthly/Quarterly Logistics Reports for the mission.
Other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor. **
· Candidate should possess a degree in Logistics, Procurement and supply chain management or a related field
· Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Logistics/procurement; particularly in the humanitarian and/or development context Working with (I)NGOs and with local communities.
· Excellent communication, writing and IT skills
· Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
· Focused on solutions and realizing program objectives quickly, efficiently and effectively
· Attention to detail and excellent numeracy.
· Ability to keep clear and concise records.
· Service Orientation
· Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices
· Languages: fluency in English and Hausa
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY
applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 29th November 2021 at 4:00 PM