Position: Senior Logistics Officer
Direct hierarchy: Senior Logistics Manager
Starting date: April 2022
I. Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Senior Logistics Officer position based in Nairobi.
The main objective of humanitarian logistics is to rapidly provide critical humanitarian relief supplies, with planning, implementing and controlling a cost-effective supply chain from the point of origin to the point of consumption for the purpose of alleviating the suffering of vulnerable people and reduce human suffering and deprivation.
As an ACTED Sr. logistics Officer your objective will be in organizing and executing the delivery and warehousing of supplies during natural disasters or complex emergencies to the affected area and humans. Including forecasting and optimizing resources, managing inventory, and exchanging information as per ACTED Logistics manual.
Duties and Responsibilities
1.1 To Follow up with Procurement Reporting on mission level including but not limited to:
- Order Form follow up (PRO-10) weekly/Bi Weekly reporting and sharing it at Nairobi level.
- Procurement follow up (PRO-012) bi-weekly shared with Kenya mission with (PRO-10).
- Waivers and PP Archives and follow up are up to date.
- Coordinating with Finance Department to ensure that payments to vendors have been made on-time and without any unnecessary strain on the financial system of ACTED this to be done through the OFFU as a main procurement tracking tool for ACTED HoA logistics.
1.2. Procurement Support and Executions Under D (National Call for tender), E (International Call for Tender) And FWAs preparation in addition for being Area focal point for tasks need to be followed by Nairobi:
- Procures the requested items in the shortest possible lead-time and against the most advantageous cost whilst taking into account that quality of the goods must remain within ACTED standards.
- Review Order Forms for procurement in Nairobi, requesting clarifications from Program if the specifications are not clear, complete, or correctly authorized, and check all supporting documents (e.g. Scope of Works, Technical Criteria, or Terms of Reference) has been provided.
- Ensures follow up of the purchasing process until delivery of the goods and ensures official handover of items against signature of receipt.
- Prepare Tender documents, according to the Procurement Scenario (ensuring approval from HQ for Scenario E procurement and FWAs). The timeframe for producing a request for quotation is dependent on the urgency and complexity of the order but should normally be between two days and six days.
- Analyze quotations using the Procurement Memo (PRO-08) to ensure ACTED obtains the best possible value for money. The timeframe for producing a PM is dependent on the urgency and complexity of the order but should normally be between two days and six days.
- Supervise the technical check process for procurement with the support of Project team when needed.
- Match invoices, stock reception forms and service completion certificates to contracts, filing copy documentation and transferring to Finance for payment. Payment should take no more than one or two days upon receiving an invoice.
1.3. Vendor & Contract Management.
- Coordinate with the Sr. logistics Manager, to register 100% of new suppliers on the ACTED Supplier Database, ensure that 100% of suppliers have undergone anti-terrorism screening for scenario D & E,
- Prepare screening requests for procurement under his/her responsibility as per Logistics Manual procedures.
- Maintaining the Supplier Database (PRO-03.1), Improve the supplier database at country level.
- Follow-Up on supplier management issues, including late delivery, late payment, and quality assurance concerns within one day of identification.
- Improve the process of contract management and supplier management.
- Run at least one market survey each six month for the most used services, supplies in the office under SLM/CLM supervision.
1.4. Accountability, Transparency and Compliance in procurement:
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such manner as to bring credit to ACTED and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Prepare contracts based on fair and transparent negotiations with suppliers. The timeframe for producing a contract should be no more than one or two days.**1.5. Framework Agreements and Supplier Management:**
- In collaboration with Heads of Department, and Country Logistics Manager/ Sr, Logistics Manager, prepare Tender documents for commonly used goods and services to establish Framework Agreements (FWA) National Tender (Scenario D) at least two months before contract end-date.
- Ensure 100% of FWA are Registered and tracked on PRO-012 (Procurement Follow up). And lanch the renewal procedure 3 months in advance prior to expiry date.
- Maintain efficient monthly, weekly and daily planning & Movement follow- up tools for drivers (Drivers Schedule)
- Support the logistics Assistants in planning movements and scheduling drivers.
- Monitor monthly fuel consumption and rental expenditure all over Kenya Areas.
- Arrange regular preventative maintenance according to the manufacturer’s recommendations for ACTED Owned vehicles.
- Checking all documentation related for fleet management (fuel slips, logbook, OF and Purchase Order (PO, form PRO-04) in addition to issuing them when needed.
- The Sr. Logistics Officer (Nairobi) will in addition create and maintain a folder with the support of his/her assistants for Motorized Assets Follow-Up (TRA-06) and make sure all transport reports are up to date and submitted within the deadline when ever requested.
- Manage and create when needed Stock Reception Forms (STO-05) and Stock Cards (STO-01) upon receipt of deliveries to ACTED Capital Office in Nairobi, as well as Packing Lists (DEL-01), Waybills (DEL-02) and Stock-Exits (STO-03) as needed.
- Manage ACTED stock in Nairobi Office, engaging templates and procedures as per ACTED logistics Manual.
- With the Logistics Interns, assistance, or stock-keeper carry out monthly Inventory and forecast bulk-stock requirements for stationary, kitchen supplies, and other office equipment.
- Maintain regular shared information across teams about stock level & expected leas-times for items when needed with the support of logistics assistant.
- Create separate folders for each reporting documents and file 100% of hard-copy documentation for each tender procurement.
- For procurement under his/her direct responsibility, ensure soft copies of 100% of all documents produced in the Capital Office are electronically filed in the correct location on ACTED’s Logistics Server.
- Follow-up on transmission of original and soft-copy documentation to Compliance according to defined timelines and audit schedules from ACTED Basses in HoA.
- Ensure 100% of FWA documentation is correctly filed in hard-copy and electronic-copy.
5. Reporting requested in Summary.
- Register 100% of new orders on the Capital Order Form follow up (PRO-10) and record the progress of each procurement until the completed file is transferred to Finance for payment.
- Be an Area focal point for all tasks and reports need to be followed and consolidated by the country office.
- Send the OFFU to the Logistics Team, and Country Logistics Manager on weekly basses and when requested for all support procurements.
- Cross-check the Order Follow Up against the Contract Follow-Up (CFU) from Finance, HR trackers, and known priorities.
- Check the Other Property Follow-Up (AST-06) each month for the office.
- Check and prepare when needed the Monthly Stock Inventory Report (STO-02) and Stock Inspection Report (STO-04).
- Check and prepare when needed the Transport Follow-Up (TRA-06) each month.
- Reviewing planned, active, and expiring FWAs on the Procurement Follow-Up (PRO-12) each month.
- Maintaining the Supplier Database (PRO-03.1), Improve the supplier database at country level.
- Consolidation of titanic report for Nairobi office and reporting them monthly for the SLM.
- Preparation and consolidation of the carbon foot print report before the 10th of each month.
6. Protection mainstreaming
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labours etc).
Skills and Experience Required.
- Prior experience in Logistics, Procurement, or Supply Chain Management. Knowledge of the humanitarian sector and international experience would be an asset.
- Holding or working towards a qualification in logistics, procurement, supply chain management, business administration, or similar. Experience or knowledge of one or more of the following areas would be an additional asset: agriculture, construction, food supply, inventory and property management, technology, transport, water, sanitation and hygiene services.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Diligent, dedicated, and able to see complex procedures through to completion.
- Able to communicate complex information clearly, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (particularly Excel, Outlook, and Word).
Key Performance Indicators
- Up to Date Order Form follow up (PRO-10) shared weekly/Bi Weekly with All stakeholders.
- Up to date Procurement follow up (PRO-012) Shared bi-weekly.Reviewing planned, active, and expiring FWAs on the
- Procurement Follow-Up (PRO-12) each month.
- % Of CFP report submitted on time with no delays or discrepancies.
- % Of Procurement procured within the lead time with no major delays as per OFFU comparison.
- Number of weekly, monthly and Titanic’s reports up to date with zero discrepancies.
- Percentage of procurements, fleet, stock, communications, asset and reports documents are securely and accurately archived in soft and hard copy.
- 100% Policies & Processes implemented based on ACTED logistics Manual and instructions by (SLM/CLM).
- % of suppliers registered in the database (PRO-03.1).
- % of OFFU shared to the Logistics Team, and Country Logistics Manager on weekly basses and when requested for all support procurements by other HoDs.
- Comments received from Audit and finance on procurements documents quality in term of procedures and compatibility.
How to apply
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 28th Feb 2022 at 5.00pm with the subject line “ Senior Logistics Officer_Nairobi”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.