African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Logistics & Stock Officer (CHGS.3)
Position Number: 50050925
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position Grade: PL5
Get All the Latest International NGO jobs, Humanitarian jobs, NGO Job Vacancies in Africa, Nigeria 2022 at NGOJobsAfrica
Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria Job Recruitment (22 Positions)
NGO jobs Africa Humanitarian Job Vacancies update- 2022 (21 Positions)
NGO jobs Africa New Recruitment update at International Organization for Migration (IOM) – (10 Positions)
- The Vice-Presidency, Corporate Services and Human Resources Complex (CHVP), ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The Complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department / Divison
- The primary roles of the General Services and Procurement Department (CHGS) are to manage the Bank’s assets, oversee all corporate procurement of goods, services, works and real estate, coordinate all staff travel and transport of Bank’s goods and staff, catering services and other logistics arrangements and the mail services and keep staff informed about services offered.
- To this end the CHGS department formulates and applies rules for procurement, storage, and maintenance of furniture, office equipment and supply; design, prepare and implement programmes for the construction or acquisition and maintenance of buildings and premises; formulate and ensure the proper and effective application of administration policies within the Bank in such areas as communications, transport, travels, security, protection and safety of the Bank’s staff and property; and perform related duties.
- The department is responsible for managing the Bank’s fixed assets (valued at over UA 100,000,000). The CHGS department comprises 3 divisions supervised by the Director General Services and Procurement.
- These divisions are: (i). Operations and Maintenance Division (CHGS.1); (ii). Corporate Procurement Division (CHGS.2); and (iii). Support Services Division (CHGS.3).
- The Division is responsible for the management of Travel and Logistics, restaurant and hotel services prepare purchase plans and strategies, prepare and publish contract packages, receive bids and proposals, and serve as official contact between the Bank and suppliers.
- Reporting to the Division Manager CHGS 3, the Senior Logistics & Stock Officer is charged with the expedient processing and timely distribution of approximately 100,000 postal and inter-office mail per year, as well as handling reception and shipment of consignments and managing relationship with service providers.
- He/she must have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
Reporting to the Division Manager, CHGS.3 and working closely with internal and external stakeholders, the incumbent’s role includes but not limited to:
- Mentor, coach and support team members and evaluate their performance, set work programs priorities and financial goal;
- Initiate the preparation and review of all administrative procedures and manuals on logistics for the Bank Group; define and develop logistics and stock management strategies and supervise the execution of contracts of services;
- Plan and develop strategies for managing the Bank’s logistics and stock management activities including policy formulation and updating, long term goods acquisition planning, resource estimation, etc., with other members of the team, undertake business line efficiency and sourcing studies, propose and introduce change, business line strategies and tactics;
- Conveyor of and Secretary to Disposal Committee of the Bank
- Contribute to the establishment and implementation of work program of the division, prepare budget of logistics services required by the Bank;
- Build and manage client and vendor relationship and ensure client satisfaction;
- Define and propose procedures for purchasing, receiving, controlling and certifying the quantity and quality of items ordered and ensuring their safe transfer to the Bank’s warehouses and storage depots and from warehouses to the Bank headquarters;
- Liaise with organizational units on requirements and support clients through proactive acquisition planning by collecting budget data, and developing time frame for client’s goods purchasing needs, contract management, setting process in motion and working directly with user departments to prepare technical specifications of the goods to be acquired;
- Provide advice and oversee the training of clients in the area of logistics procedures;
- Supervise and monitor the supply of goods and items to departments and ensure stock replenishment as required;
- Program and organize the conducting of the physical inventory of goods and items in stock in the different stores and supervise the reconciliation with stock in record as per best practices standards;
- Prepare periodic reports as required to permit management decisions.
- Coordinate reception of international shipments and liaise with competent authorities for tax exemptions, port clearances and timely delivery of stock materials.
- Design, implement and manage contracts in forwarding, transport and warehousing, where necessary.
- Conduct special management reviews and/or follow-up on audit observations to assist in the improvement of office.
- Develop Key performance indicators by which contracts can be managed.
- Performs other related duties when necessary.
Competencies (Skills, Experience and Knowledge)
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in a relevant field (Logistics, Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, etc.).
- At least 5 years of relevant and progressive experience in Logistics.
- Strong negotiating and reporting skills.
- Experience in procurement and warehousing.
- Experience in working in multi-cultural environment, preferably in Africa.
- Having private sector experience will be an advantage.
- Dynamic, efficient communicator, effective teamwork player, result-driven, customer service oriented, analytical skills, and ability to work cross-functionally and under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrix environment both as team leader and team member
- Ability to deal sensitively in a multicultural environment and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to identify and understands relationships, constraints and pressures affecting others,
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to spearhead and manage change.
- Excellent analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to recognize the need to maintain accurate records and provide regular reports to those with a valid interest in logistical activities.
- Ability to draw on both theoretical knowledge and practical experience to design and develop a logistical plan which will provide a workable solution to an operational need.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online