Chemonics seeks a Senior Malaria Supply Chain Advisor to support the Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Malawi. GHSC-PSM project in Malawi supports the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. The project has three primary objectives: global commodity procurement and logistics, systems strengthening to support in-country supply chain management, and global collaboration via strategic engagement to improve long-term availability of health commodities.
The Senior Malaria Supply Chain Advisor is responsible for strengthening capacity in procurement planning, supply management activities, strengthening use of data to monitor, evaluating Malawi’s malaria commodity supply chain, and improving data management practices to ensure accountability, transparency, and availability of commodities. This position is based in Lilongwe, Malawi and will be seconded to the Ministry of Health in the Directorate of Health and Technical Support Services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Senior Malaria Supply Chain Advisor willnBuild the supply chain management capacity of the NMCP, particularly around the use and quality of data for decision-making, including stakeholder coordination, performance monitoring, forecasting, quantification, national needs assessment, and supervision.
· Coordinate the malaria annual national quantification activity, including reviewing the methodology for quantification of malaria commodity needs, using appropriate tools, coordinating data collection/cleaning/analysis, and documenting and sharing assumptions and support the development of an integrated national supply plan for malaria commodities
- Senior Malaria Supply Chain Advisor will Provide technical assistance on implementation of the Malaria Strategic Plan (MSP), ensuring MSP performance indicators are regularly used in performance monitoring, and provide input to annual work plans.
- Assist with preparing NMCP funding proposals (e.g., Global Fund grants), annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports, activity reports, and other related communications.
- Assist NMCP with drafting and submitting commodity procurement requests for malaria commodities.
- Review, identify, and make recommendations to strengthen NMCP’s oversight, systems, and procedures to improve management of the supply chain at central and peripheral levels.
- Regularly report on stock status of malaria commodities and health facility performance, especially as it relates to the security of malaria commodities, and malaria case management.
- Senior Malaria Supply Chain Advisor shall Assist NMCP in the analysis of malaria logistics and case data, monthly commodity distribution planning, monitoring proof of receipts and proof of deliveries to ensure health facilities have sufficient stock to meet patient needs.
- Liaise with the Regional Commodity Logistics Officers (RCLOs) to engage districts and support the Commodity Accountability and Performance Tracking (CAPeT) and the Integrated Supportive Supervision and Mentorship program (ISSPM).
- Support NMCP in planning, executing, coordinating, monitoring, and reporting on long lasting insecticide treated nets (LLINs) distributions.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to Pharmacy/Logistics/Supply Chain Management or Data Management required; advanced degree preferred
· Minimum ten years of experience in supply chain management, performance monitoring, and logistics data management, particularly at the national level
· Minimum seven years of experience working in the health systems of developing countries supporting Ministries of Health.
· Experience and familiarity monitoring and evaluation (M&E) for systems performance, process improvement, and data management strongly preferred.
· Experience conducting capacity building, on-the-job mentoring, and/or continuous process improvement programs preferred.
· Previous donor-funded field experience (e.g., Global Fund, USAID, DFID, WHO, World Bank, etc.) desired, preferably in Malawi or Southern Africa.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve results in dynamic and high-pressure environments.
· Ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment with multiple stakeholders and partners.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Access, Word, and Excel and familiarity with database and spreadsheet queries, formulae, and graphical presentation data
· Fluency in English both verbally and in writing.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter, a full detailed Curriculum Vitae or Resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com by May 16, 2022. Please include “Senior Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Management Advisor” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
- Job City Lilongwe