MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Senior Manager, Cost and Pricing will lead and coordinate cost application/proposal preparation across Amref Health Africa in collaboration with Amref Headquarters Finance team, Amref Country Office Teams including Finance and Program Development.
- Set and maintain standards for quality preparation of the cost proposals (including budgets, cost narratives, and other required documents), documentation, and storage of relevant files.
- In collaboration with BD, work on new and existing funder bids as well as support large, complex modifications to existing awards.
- Provide direction and instructions to partners for the development of sub-award or subcontractor budgets for inclusion in organizational led bids and provide high-quality review and feedback on their proposal budgets.
- Perform detailed review and quality control of active proposals including required budget schedules, proformas, budget spreadsheets, and budget narratives.
- Provide pricing strategy to business development team during the proposal phase.
- Collect cost and pricing data for bids including in-country and market data for costs.
- Determine optimal price points for bids and conduct price-to-win analysis.
- Evaluate Amref’s full cost recovery and ensure both direct and indirect costs are incorporated in all cost applications/proposals.
- Develop pricing strategies and presentation budgets for various contracting mechanisms, e.g. Fixed Price, Time and Materials, Cost Reimbursement Contracts, etc.
- Oversee and gather sourcing and verification of pricing information and unit costs.
- Offer pricing scenarios, making cost proposals more competitive and cost-efficient.
- Coordinate with management and other staff members to provide current and accurate cost and pricing date/information.
- Ensure partners’ budgets and cost proposal documentation are compliant with donor and solicitation requirements.
- Prepare cost proposals in response to solicitation requirements;
- Ensure compliance with AMREF and donor regulations during budget development.
- Support the transition of the financial management of awards to permanent staff during project start-up.
- Develop templates and tools for efficient and effective cost proposal preparation according to donor and industry best practices (e.g. Excel budget templates and cost notes).
- Mentor and build the capacity of AMREF staff during the proposal budget process.
- Develop and regularly update the curriculum for building the capacity of country staff to effectively manage cost proposal development.
- Collaborate with AMREF HQ finance, and country teams on a variety of business development activities including unit cost analysis, return on investment/value for money analysis and assessing new donors.
- Contribute to business case development and analysis.
- Fill in gaps by performing tasks where needed and finding solutions for challenges in the process.
- Travel to countries to support the business development/cost application/proposal process.
- Remain current with U.S, Government, UN, Foundations and European donors’ regulations on cost principles and audit. Participate in relevant capacity building events to enhance understanding of applicable federal regulations.
- Remain current with other target donor regulations on cost principles.
- Build a wide and effective network within and outside the organization; collaborate across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals.
Education and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other related fields; a Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience with cost and pricing analysis for public and private agreements, grants, and contract mechanisms.
- Experience in US government cost applications and proposals will be an added advantage.
- Experience with and commitment to working in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong spreadsheet and communication skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to provide good customer service to internal/external clients and to discuss and explain budget and pricing topics with program implementation and technical personnel.
- Strong writing skills and advanced-level proficiency with Excel are required.
- Self-starter attitude and ability to thrive in a management structure where supervision is minimal but high standards are maintained.
- Organizational skills and a capacity to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Spanish or French desired.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize commitments, work in a matrixed organization, and manage time effectively are critical skills.
- Willingness to travel internationally, up to 30% of the time
How to apply
Please visit our website https://amref.org/job/senior-manager-cost-and-pricing/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date: March 11, 2022. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.