We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with, and affected by HIV. It is an organization built on strong core values and strong belief in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership and partnerships.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager / Head, Compliance & Risk Management
Grant Duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance
- We are in search of innovative, creative, committed, audacious, accountable, passionate with strong core values to work with our highly experienced team at our Head Office as a Senior Manager / Head, Compliance and Risk Management Unit.
- The risk manager will advise the organization on any potential operational, safety and security risks.
- S/he will support CIHP to oversee ethics and compliance related functions across the country program by ensuring a safe and compliant working environment within CIHP, through proactive initiatives to prevent misconduct and timely, coordinated action where conduct is suspected to be inconsistent with CIHP values and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the organization maintains the integrity of all operations through the development, implementation and monitoring of risk management and internal control framework
- Lead the formulation and articulation of the organization’s Risk Management philosophy, emphasizing the risk tolerance levels/stance/donor regulations/requirements and threshold points for various elements of risk.
- Conduct periodic independent assessments of the integrity of business processes as well as levels of compliance with laid down procedures and controls.
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of regulatory guidelines and internal policies
- Lead the conduct of audits of sub-recipients for contractual and regulatory compliance.
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously.
- Review operations periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
- Prepare, modify, and implement company policies as needed.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the organization as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Receive, investigate and reports on compliance complaints and hotline reports
- Educate new and existing employees on compliance risk issues and the organization’s compliance program
- Develop audit procedures of internal operations to ascertain the extent of compliance with established policies and procedures, or compliance with regulatory guidelines.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc / HND in Accountancy or Finance. A professional certificate in Accounting such as ICAN or its equivalent in Fraud Management related certification (e.g. CFE). Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Law or other relevant fields) is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working for donor funded organizations.
- Experience with USG grants management system highly preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to manage large budgets and client expectations.
- Ability to manage sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Experience in fraud awareness and case investigation management.
- Risk Managers must have excellent quantitative and analytical skills, along with the ability to apply those skills across a variety of business processes.
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: email@example.com The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME (e.g. Senior Manager / Head, Compliance & Risk Management Abuja, ADESUWA NWACHUKWU).
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated, if suitable applications are received.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Nutrition Officer at Pro-Health International
- Program Officer, YPE4AH Nigeria at Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI)
- Delegate, Community-based Surveillance (CBS) at International Federation of Red Cross And Red Crescent Societies
- Knowledge and Learning Manager, Ghana at Youth Challenge International
- Investigator at International Rescue Committee