Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits. For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior MEL / HMIS Advisor
Ref No: req15144
Project Overview and Role
- Nigeria Integrated Health Program is an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems.
- It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas: family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea.
- It has a strong emphasis on monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- This program will work closely with state-level government officials to support state-level Strategic Health Development Plans, Annual Operating Plans and budgets, capacity building, and promote local ownership of interventions, systems, and results.
- Specific interventions will need to be tailored to local contexts and will be fully developed at state, Local Government Area (LGA) and ward levels.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to development of and monitors the project’s MELP to systematically document project performance for project technical leads and leadership team to ensure the project implementation is on track
- Generates robust evidence for project and programmatic learning that leads to action, decision making, and influence
- Leads all activities to support national HIS policy development and implementation, including support for NHMIS / DHIS2, and CHMIS
- Leads and support all HIS / NHMIS /DHIS2 / CHMIS activities in IHP-supported States
- Leads and provides all DQA/I activities in IHP-supported States
- Together with MEL Director, ensures the alignment of MEL activities with program goals and contributes to the development of annual workplans to identify project targets and ensure inclusion of MEL activities
- Monitors project activities and tracking of these activities against the results framework
- Conducts field visits as necessary for data validation to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets
- Works closely with IHP TO MEL personnel and supports the strengthening of State and LGA M&E, Facility Staff to ensure the full functionality of NHMIS / DHIS2 / CHMIS
- Collaborates with other partnering implementers on alignment of data collection, analysis, and results reporting
- Contributes to the identification, analysis and synthesis of technical knowledge and evidence-based information in intervention areas including family planning, reproductive, maternal and child health, malaria, nutrition and immunization
- Assists in organizing and participates actively in meetings and desk reviews and undertakes monitoring missions to assess progress of the IHP project implementation in the states, including appropriate substantive and administrative follow-up actions
- Any other duties as assigned.
- The Senior MEL/HMIS Advisor will have extensive experience and up-to-date knowledge and skills in M&E and MIS for health systems and healthcare provision.
- S/he must be familiar with NHMIS / DHIS2, CHMIS at the National and State levels, and working with health facilities and LGA for data collection, reporting and use. S/he should have experience with USAID / International donor programs.
Additional Qualifications Include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Demography, Biostatistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, Health Information Management or related field. A Master’s degree will be a plus.
- Requires 15 -19 years (OR advanced degree with 10+ years experience) of progressively responsible experience for documenting and reporting health services data using national standard tools and software.
- Familiarity with NHMIS / DHIS2, CHMIS is required.
- Ability to work with relevant government partners (FMOH, NPHCDA, SMOH, SPHCDA), USAID, other Donors, and implementing partners.
- Familiarity with USAID / International indicators and standard measurement tools in the areas of RMNCH, Nutrition, Malaria, COVID, HSS and other relevant technical areas.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in English (written and oral communication) and Hausa / Ibo is a plus.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Georgetown Global Health Nigeria (GGHN) Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
- Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Officer at Medecins Du Monde
- Chief of Party at the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
- Project Assistant at Adeso
- Horn of Africa: CCCM Projects Coordinator – Hargeisa at ACTED