Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Employment Type: Full Time
- This position will work closely with the Director Research / Monitoring & Quality Assurance, Program and M&E staff to provide technical support and ensure that data that gets reported are of the highest quality possible.
- The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer II_Database Manager will ensure that all database related needs of all JHU-CCP (Breakthrough Action Nigeria projects) are met.
- Enhancing the scalability and performance of existing database architecture.
- Developing database structures and features according to organizational needs.
- Protecting data by developing data security and restoration policies, procedures, and controls.
- Developing procedures to ensure data integrity and quality routinely.
- Preparing and presenting system performance reports to Supervisor/Senior Management team as needed.
- Performing database maintenance, migration, and upgrading hardware and software.
- Documenting processes and complying with best practices in database management.
- Keeping the BA-Nigeria database up to date in line with developments and trends in database management global best practices.
- Maintain a database to track performance indicators by the monitoring system and conducting verification.validation checks to ensure the accuracy of these data and providing feedback timely
- The incumbent will maintain regular communication with state-level partners and other stakeholders to offer data-required support.
- Conducting diagnostic tests and evaluating performance metrics for BA-Nigeria monitoring database.
- Regularly review data entered into the M&E system to locate and fix problems with data entry or integrity.
- Participate in the training of staff/partners and consultants in M&E data collection and processing
- Actively contribute to and support project implementation activities via the use of program monitoring data
- Participate in the development of work plans and budget for project M&E activities as relevant to database procurement, management and hosting.
- Contribute to the preparation of tables, charts and figures for internal and external publications
- Hiring, supervising, and mentoring database development teams (including vendors).
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Carry out other tasks as assigned to JHU-CCP projects.
- Master’s Degree (preferred) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Information Technology Management Information Systems (MIS), Data Management, or Social / Management Sciences
- Seven (7 years) experience in donor funded database management or 10 years proven experience in lieu of a Master degree.
- Advanced proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL) and 3years profound experience in MySQL (preferred)
- Ability to design and host rational databases.
- Intuitive in the use of QGIS for program guidance and reporting
- In-depth knowledge of database technologies, architecture, and data security.
- Knowledge of global best practices in database management.
- Advanced analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to use other statistical packages, e.g. STATA (preferred) for data analysis.
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location (e.g. Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Database, Abuja) as the subject of the email.
Note: Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Job City Abuja