360 Health Systems Diagnostics and Correction (360HSDC) is a holistic health-based development organization, focused on addressing disparities, poor health systems and the inequalities in accessing health care services to under-deserved communities by utilizing innovative technology to address health-related challenges in the development sector.
360HSDC is seeking for Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Experts to support USAID’s Next Generation Global Health Supply Chain Suite of Programs (NextGen). NextGen is the follow-on to the current Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC-PSM) Program. By providing commodities and systems strengthening technical assistance, NextGen seeks to transform supply chains for global health programs and achieve the following;
- Maximize the availability, quality, and affordability of medicines and other health products and achieve better health outcomes for the populations served.
- Advance the capacity, resiliency and sustainability of locally-managed procurement and supply chains in developing countries.
- Increase value for the US taxpayer and reduce the chances of waste, fraud and diversion even further.
In the Comprehensive Technical Assistance for Health Supply Chain and Pharmaceutical Management (Comprehensive TA) under the NextGen Program, the Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Experts will support the organization in the design and implementation of systems that allow utilization of data for informed decision making that improves supply chain and pharmaceutical management programs. This will involve the evaluation of supply chain interventions using a variety of methodologies and learning in developing countries. This is a position for a proposal the organization is working on.
- Coordinate the provision of operational services and systems strengthening technical assistance for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), as relevant to health supply chain and pharmaceutical management, including for diagnostic laboratory systems.
- Develop and/or update supply chain and pharmaceutical management assessment tools and support their use on the program.
- Implement relevant assessments in USAID-assisted countries and regions, including data quality assessments.
- Harmonize or align monitoring and evaluation reporting.
- Evaluate country-level supply chain and pharmaceutical management activities.
- Develop and manage implementation of strategies for continuous process improvement, focused on learning.
- Collect and document innovations and lessons learned from the field.
- Support processes to collect lessons and new evidence from across the global health supply chain and pharmaceutical management community.
- Assess the management of programmatic and data related risks.
- Lead technical writing and reporting, and Task Order implementation in the requisite USAID-assisted country/countries.
- Lead the provision of MEL services and coordination in support of the Comprehensive TA IDIQ and/or other projects under NexGen.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Education: (Degree in Medicine, Public health, Health system management, Health economics, Epidemiology or related field. Post graduate certification in M&E is desirable.)
- Bachelor’s degree with 15 years of relevant experience; or
- MS/MA/MBA with 12 years of relevant experience; or
- JD/ABD with 10 years of relevant experience; or
- Ph.D. with 8 years of relevant experience; or
- Less than BS/BA with 20 years of relevant experience
Experience and Skills:
- Field experience in planning, management and monitoring and evaluation of public health care program in developing countries. . (See “Education” section for number of years of required experience).
- Experience working in West Africa and/or Central Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa, Asia, Middle East, Latin America, Caribbeans, Europe.
- Experience with causal model development, monitoring, assessments, data collection and management, evaluation of interventions using a variety of methodologies, and learning in developing countries.
- Experience and expertise providing TA on monitoring and evaluation of supply chain and pharmaceutical management systems in LMICs.
- Experience working on USAID GHSC-PSM Program is preferred.
- Ability to apply sound knowledge and understanding of M&E tools, policies and guidelines
- Ability to manage and work in a team setting
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills
- Strong data analytical capability to identify performance issues and direct necessary technical interventions
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Ability to travel within state and country as needed.
- Excellent communication skills in English and a native language.
Proficiency in English and at least one other language spoken in one of the following regions: West Africa, Central Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, South America, and the Caribbean. Specific language requirements will be assessed based on the needs of each specific engagement.
How to apply
These positions will be based in West Africa, Central Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, South America, and the Caribbean.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (with current location/address, clearly stated),, Cover letter (addressing previous related work and how you intend to carry out this project), Certificates, daily rates in USD and proof of previous work related to position (e.g. final project reports, reference letters and completion certificates) to: email@example.com with Job Title as the subject, “Senior MEL Expert”
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.