SoCha (a portmanteau of Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. We are a US-registered, veteran-owned small business with staff support offices in Nairobi, Bangkok, and Mauritius. SoCha currently supports multiple foreign assistance interventions across Asia and Africa.
SoCha, LLC is preparing a response to the Request for Task Order Proposals for the Sudan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Project (SMEL). This award will support USAID/Sudan will support the implementation of a Mission-wide monitoring and evaluation (M&E) regime by providing monitoring, evaluation, assessment, and learning services. The task order is expected to be awarded by September 30, 2022.
The SMEL Activity will be a central platform for integrating collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) throughout the design and implementation of USAID/Sudan’s activities and ensuring that development activities funded by USAID/Sudan achieve their intended results through strong performance management of services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on the monitoring of technical services; evaluation of technical services; and learning and adaptive management services.
To oversee the work of the MEL Support Activity, SoCha seeks an experienced Senior Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist.
Scope of Work
This individual will oversee, recruit for, and participate in evaluations and assessments throughout the life of the task order. S/he will ensure that short-term technical experts and evaluation team members recruited under the resulting task order are of a high caliber and possess commensurate technical expertise. S/he will also contribute substantially to the design and field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks conducted under this contract. S/he will also be responsible for the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports, and evaluations. S/he will
- Lead and manage the technical work related to performance monitoring and evaluation under this task order.
- Lead the technical design, data analysis, and report writing aspects in relation to the monitoring of activities and processes under this task order.
- Advise the COP and DCOP on adherence to task order interventions and processes to fulfill required deliverables and tasks and to fill any temporary gaps in staffing.
- Lead/oversee the development of the USAID PMP and provide technical support for implementing partners on the development of their activity MEL plans as needed, and support such technical work as reviewing reporting methods, carrying out training needs, designing reporting tools and advising USAID/Sudan technical teams on their M&E work.
- Ensure that activity, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting are taking place from a political transition and conflict perspective and are being captured in documentation and reports at all stages of the program.
- Oversee, recruit for, and participate in surveys, evaluations, and assessments throughout the life of the contract.
- Responsible for managing, training and mentoring field monitors and the design of monitoring tools and methodology.
- Ensure the short‐term technical experts and evaluation team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- May serve as the evaluation team leader of select evaluations conducted under this contract to be identified.
- Responsible for the design, quality, development and completion of all surveys, assessments, analytical reports, DQA and evaluations.
- Contribute substantially to the design and field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks conducted under this task order.
- A minimum of six (6) years of progressive experience in similar positions is required.
- An advanced university degree in international relations, economics, statistics, public policy, research methods, program assessment, evaluation/measurement, or another relevant field.
- Demonstrated senior experience in international donor program performance, monitoring and design and implementation of evaluations both (performance and impact evaluations) of development interventions.
- Demonstrated senior experience in design and field testing of surveys, questionnaires, and/or other data collection instruments.
- Demonstrated experience in statistical analysis, experimental design and/or data collection analysis, indicator development, data quality assessments.
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English.
Khartoum, Sudan with travel throughout the country.
- Job City Sudan