African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Position Number: 50078445
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position Grade: PL5
- The Vice-Presidency, Technology and Corporate Services (TCVP) is responsible for the design, development and delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services and information-technology solutions to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The Complex provides leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies, policies, controls and approaches on organizational information technology systems, software applications, cyber security, IT support and infrastructure systems.
- The Complex is also responsible for management of the Bank’s real estate assets, institutional procurement, language services and business continuity.
The Hiring Department / Division
- The mandate of the Corporate Information and Technology Services (TCIS) Department is to advise the Bank’s Management and provide technical leadership in the continuous improvement of the Bank’s information and communication technology (ICT) infrastructure and its computing and knowledge and data storage systems. The Department also is mandated to provide technical services to all organisational units in the Bank and its Regional Centres, Country Offices and External Representation Offices on cost-effective ICT and computing business solutions for their work programmes. In the fulfilment of those mandates, the Department leads the acquisition and adaptation, or the in-house development of ICT and computing platforms and collaboration tools to enhance the efficiency of business processes and the quality of Bank products through more effective file sharing, and to increase the Bank’s organisational effectiveness through seamless communications.
- The Infrastructure Services Division (TCIS.3) is responsible for overseeing and managing all the Bank’s IT Infrastructure systems, platforms, services, and assets. This covers the Storage Systems, Datacentre, Servers, Replication, Operating systems, networking, connectivity, unified communications (video, voice, and data), load balancing and all other IT infrastructure assets and services. The division provides all Bank staff and business partners secure access to the Bank’s IT services from anywhere, anytime, on any device, with the objective of upholding the One Bank business culture and supporting the Bank’s ‘SMART BANK’ vision, anchored on digitalization, cloud implementation and automation of Bank operations and processes
- The Senior Network Engineer will work with the Network Engineering team and other members of the Department to provide technical and operational support to the delivery of the work program. He/she will provide technical and practical advice and recommendations to support the work of the Department.
- The Senior Network Engineer will assist the Bank’s Network Engineering team to carry out specific tasks for improving network access, connectivity, switching, routing, quality of service (QoS), resilience and security across the bank network in Headquarter, Regional Hubs and Countries offices.
Under the overall supervision of the Division Manager, Infrastructure Services, the Senior Network Engineer’s main duties and responsibilities are to:
- Plan, design, implement and provide ongoing support of network systems of high complexity in the extranet and corporate environments to fulfil the Bank’s needs.
- Build and maintain relationship with global and third parties on network development or support issues.
- Suppliers Relationship and contracts management and administration.
- Work with the Information Security Office to ensure solutions deployed to meet the bank’s security requirements and provide technical assistance for investigation and analysis of security alerts.
- Develop processes and procedures for use by the Network team and third parties in the management of the bank’s network environments.
- Administer enterprise IP networks in mission-critical, 24×7 production environments.
- Design, plan, document and implement LANs and WANs using the latest technology.
- Provide a high level of hands-on experience with the configuration, optimization and maintenance of the AFDB network infrastructure build with the following major technologies SDWAN, MPLS, DMVPN, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Multicasting, DMVPN and QOS.
- Design and integrate secure networks including all aspects of multi-site network designs and support (LAN, MAN, WAN, SAN, IP Telephony); Router ACL; ISE; VPN also deploying and maintaining remote access technologies/solutions.
- Interpret existing configurations and understand how the system’s hardware fits into the overall ADB network design and client solution.
- Provide detailed knowledge transfer to customers on solution sets and work with the bank’s system engineers to implement leading-edge server and storage environments.
- Integrate existing systems with new systems to create redundant, scalable, resilient environments
- Utilize strong interface skills to work closely with the Bank staff and third partners to create an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Perform technical hands-on integration of various products.
- Troubleshoot and monitor network performance and resolve performance and connectivity issues.
- Sign and implement new network topologies as required, incorporating best practices around collaborations, datacenter, LAN/WAN, mobility, and disaster recovery.
- Facilitate the preparation of technical documentation related to the executed operational activities to be kept in the knowledge database.
Competencies (Skills, Experience and Knowledge)
- At least a Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or Electronics, or related disciplines, with strong knowledge of IT Networks and Telecoms Networks.
- Minimum five (5) years of professional IT Networks and Telecoms or related experience, gained within a similar position.
- Professional level Certification in networking (CCNP RS, Security, DC, Wireless, and CCDP) or higher is desired.
- Familiar with System software that controls activities such as input, output, dynamic resource allocation and error reporting within the operation of computer configuration (E.g., Windows, Unix, Linux).
- Proficient with networking and Communication technologies including the planning and management of the interaction between many networking systems, and intelligent network implementation such as SD-WAN.
- Knowledge at the associate to intermediate level of TCP/IP networks, WAN protocols, wiring and cabling, and network management solutions.
- Experience with Network Traffic Monitoring and Diagnostic Tools.
- Experience and/or knowledge of QoS implementations, VoIP, WAN switching and routing, load-balancing, and application-delivery solutions.
- Aware of VSAT and IPBX technologies.
- Aware of ITIL concepts and general framework.
- Building a hybrid WAN architecture with MPLS and the internet using SD-WAN products for public and private applications.
- Knowledge of SASE Cloud Infrastructure, zero trust Network.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use standard technology packages and Bank’s standard software (word, excel, outlook, PowerPoint, MS Projects, etc.).
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively in English or French, with working knowledge of the other; Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
8th July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is classified international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Finance Manager at Future Resilience and Development Foundation (FRAD)
- Finance Officer at Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)
- Procurement Officer at Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)
- Admin Officers at Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)
- Child Protection Officer (Askira Uba and Damboa) at Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)